Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I love the 4KQ so much. I bought one for $1300, drove it 2-3 years only changing the oil, and then sold it for $1300. Car had 240,000 miles when I got rid of it and still ran well. I don't think I ever drove a car better suited for winter weather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I thought the 10v turbo only came in the 200 FWD, not the quattro.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

That's a stock setup, I'm curious to what type of fuel injection he's gonna use and how well it will perform.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The Coupe Quattro isn't rare. However the Sport Quattro is a rare spectacle indeed. This is not a Sport Quattro.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

In the US, its fairly rare.

Not enough to care about that rolling rust trap, unless it's $50.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

How many miles were on that motor, and how do the cylinder walls look?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Those old Audi blocks could run forever it seems. poo poo power, but longevity well beyond the life of the car itself.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I've successfully used solder in limited automotive applications, but have been told that it's always a bad idea. I personally don't see how a twisted pair of strand wire fused with solder and then taped/heat shrieked together could fail, but there you have it.

Also anything over $10k for that UrQ was way too much. The interior is shot,to,poo poo and I suspect the paint/body aren't far behind.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Those 5 cyls are notorious for having lifter tick if the oil pressure drops at all. I would even give it a second thought.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

My old man still has a 91 20v turbo 200 rotting in the garage. Wonder if I can use that as a donor...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Just wanted to say that you've done a bang up job and look forward to more.

• Locked thread