Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Depending on the Honda it could be easy and they might be grateful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

CommieGIR posted:

In other news: Someone is donating me a VW/Volvo D24T 2.4l Turbodiesel Inline 6.

It bolts up to the Audi 4000 Quattro Transmission.....interesting....
My parents had a Volvo 240 Diesel and it was a massive piece of poo poo. Apparently the design was modified from a 4cyl and it never oiled properly. It spent more time in the shop than out of it.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Considering that we lived in Miami at the time and we idled it out of the neighborhood being warm wasn't really an issue, and my dad was a huge believer in synthetic oil. It's just an awful engine.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Timmy Cruise posted:

Why you gotta make me feel old??

The B4 chassis also had the engine entirely forward of the front axle. Not too many easy choices for packaging.

Glad you got it running. I've always had a soft spot for 80s VAG.
You could always do it the BMW/Nissan way with the shaft through the oil pan.

• Locked thread