Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

I got sick of digging out a serial cable, so I added Bluetooth to my Megasquirt

That is a drat cool setup.

How's the MegaSquirt working out? There exists the need for a new ECU(?) in my future for my mk4 Golf and I'm hoping the MS will do the job well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Yes, you can but you basically have to flash a file with the new resistance values.
GM parts are, by and large, cheaper here in the states anyway. Thanks for the input, can't wait to tackle that project, mostly cuz it means my Golf will have a turbo on it.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Would you want to do it yourself?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Like putting a hextapus in a pickle jar!

At what point did VAG start chassis locking (?) their ECUs? I was warned off of swapping a likely-faulty W8 ECU for a new one because of this kinda thing.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Chassis locked how so? It seems like people swap ECUs and harnesses pretty frequently, so you'll have to explain.
A Guy On The Forums LAF told me the reason my 2002 W8's ECU was so cheap on Ebay ($30 shipped) was because after I hooked it all up, I would have to bring it to a dealership and have them do some kinda voodoo magic. I was scared :ohdear:

edited to provide link to LAF's warning of immobilizers

scuz fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 13, 2016

• Locked thread