Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Oh poo poo, season 2? Was 1 good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I thought Hit Monkey was just too far along to cancel like they did for the rest of the Offenders project, so it's surprising they finished up and decided to actively do more. I guess it offered up something for someone.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Oh poo poo, season 2? Was 1 good?

It wasn't the greatest show on earth but I liked it

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It had some great moments.
The introduction of Lady Bullseye at the end of episode 6 was pretty awesome and stuck to my memory. What a loving psychopath! Great song too.

It felt sort of ridiculous when The female lead picked up her mantle at the end and I am eager to see where that goes.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Apr 7, 2024

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Ooof very well done episode of X-Men 97.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Well rough day at work today, let's relax and watch a fun episode of X-Men '97!

30 minutes later

Welp time to go sit in the bathtub crying

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well holy poo poo they sure did it.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Magneto is right!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
drat that was good

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

BrianWilly posted:

Well holy poo poo they sure did it.

Between knowing where the episode was set, and seeing this post and the two above it, I knew what was coming. And yet, it was somehow worse than I imagined. Jeez.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

WaffleZombie posted:

Between knowing where the episode was set, and seeing this post and the two above it, I knew what was coming. And yet, it was somehow worse than I imagined. Jeez.

I kind of expected it would happen eventually, because what other major story could take place there? But I didn't expect it to happen so quickly, nor to be that brutal in a revival of a 90s Saturday morning cartoon.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Are we still pulling from Claremont comics for these stories?

I also find it fascinating that we are still pre-Emma Frost in everything X-Men.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Last episode was pretty post-Claremonte. Emma atleast showed up again. Here's hoping she gets expanded upon, maybe even joins the team. This attack on Genosha in the comics is how she gets her diamond powers interesting enough.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh I thought she already had those but didn’t like to use them cause she can’t use telepathy at the same time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh I thought she already had those but didn’t like to use them cause she can’t use telepathy at the same time.

Emma got the diamond form powers in New X-Men when Cassandra killed literally everyone on Genosha except her (because she suddenly had the diamond form powers).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Air Skwirl posted:

Emma got the diamond form powers in New X-Men when Cassandra killed literally everyone on Genosha except her (because she suddenly had the diamond form powers).

Wasn't that when mutants (not just Emma) started getting "secondary mutations" for some reason? I think that's around the time I got poor in college and had to stop buying books

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Medullah posted:

Wasn't that when mutants (not just Emma) started getting "secondary mutations" for some reason? I think that's around the time I got poor in college and had to stop buying books

Yup. It was a Grant thing. That's also why Beast went very feline.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Medullah posted:

Dawgstar posted:

Yup. It was a Grant thing. That's also why Beast went very feline.

Yes, but I think those are also literally the only two examples of it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Air Skwirl posted:

Didn't Iceman actually become solid ice as part of his?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

Didn't Iceman actually become solid ice as part of his?

I think Emma mind controlled him and realized he was just holding back on his powers, and then he opened up more after that.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Air Skwirl posted:

I think there was something about Angel having blood or tears or some sort of bodily fluid that healed others.

Comics are dumb.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It’s funny because if you check out https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Secondary_Mutation
then half the known/suspected secondary mutations is just mental instability, or Black Tom becoming a tree which had been happening for half a decade or more by that point.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
One of the more amusing pulls from Morrison's run appearing in the show was Scott mentally cheating on Jean Grey

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I didn't expect any resolutions from last week's episode this week since that's usually how it works. We still got a great episode.

I'm still weirded out by Forge's voice. There's something off about it, like its not mixed right.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

His voice doesn't flow like a native english speaker. It bugged me as well but it's Forge and he's cool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think it's funny forge has a bandage on his robot leg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The weird thing about Hit Monkey s2 is that they've removed all the Marvel branding from it.