Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
He also had the bonus gift of exactly one hour to spend with his father in limbo immediately before he died, spent in chunks as long or as short as he wanted. Which, let's face it, is the ultimate gimmick for a season-long story arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Huh, maybe this means we might actually see SWORD sooner or later?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Dacap posted:

She was HAMMER not SWORD. Abigail Brand was SWORD.

Yeah, but they're working in more of the Bendis run and there's that ever-persistent rumor that they want to introduce Carol Danvers to the Cinematic Universe, so it's looking more and more likely.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Please no. Doop is already dangerously close to becoming as overexposed as Wolverine was in the 90s and Deadpool in the 00s, despite Jason Aaron's best intentions.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ToastyPotato posted:

Why did they cancel Spectacular then? :( I was under the impression that Disney did not own that show fully, prompting its cancellation after Disney got the rights to make a Spider-Man show.

Long story short, after the rights changed hands the show physically couldn't continue without being in violation of their contract. It was pretty much a case of horrible timing.

Now the abject shittiness of Ultimate Spider-Man though? That's all on Loeb. On the bright side, the good, not-Drake Spider-VA seems to be taking it all in stride.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ToastyPotato posted:

He probably viewed it as a potential jynx on his career. :v:

Tom Welling has a career?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So at this point it would take an even bigger rear end-pull than usual for them to beat Jessica Jones to production/air. Bravo, DC.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Zoom in the pilot? Isn't that jumping the gun a bit?

I mean, whether it's Professor or Hunter Zolomon, Zoom's entire origin is pretty tied to the Flash already being a long-established name. You have to save that poo poo until at least the third season.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

bobkatt013 posted:

Super Skrull is in the F4 package but regular Skrulls are not

Well, named Skrulls in general (Kl'rt, Lyja, Paibok, etc) are F4, but the generic Skrulls are somehow still under the Marvel umbrella. One of the weirdest loopholes I've ever heard of, but there we are.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

jng2058 posted:

Wait a minute, how can that be right? I thought the reason they ended up with Chitauri instead of Skrulls in Avengers was because they don't have the rights to them! :confused:

Well it could be a thirdhand rumor that gotten twisted in the echo chamber, but that's what I've heard. And considering we've got things like Double Quicksilver and Universal having the Namor rights (and only the Namor rights), I'm inclined to believe it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

jscolon2.0 posted:

Donal Logue now confirmed as Bullock in Gotham.

That's the first good news I've heard about this show, wow.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Well... at least this time we won't have to worry about Jeph Loeb?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

jscolon2.0 posted:

Hiro was the only good part. Masi Oka should have been the new Dr. Who.

Ahem, I believe you mean Hiro and Ando. Best superhero buddy duo this side of Luke Cage & Iron Fist/Rockslide & Anole.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SaintFu posted:

I stopped watching half way through season 1. Did they ever advance the plot?

If by "advance the plot" you mean "used a dartboard of bad Claremont-era comic plot devices", then yes. Mystery plague, "normal" team member takes a body morphing drug, multiple mutually exclusive dark futures, supervillain jailbreak.... hell, in the final season it got so bad they went full Stan Lee and introduced an evil circus troupe.

It didn't even fall under "so bad it's good", it was just poo poo.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Weren't Hannibal and Under The Dome initially billed as miniseries? This will only end in tears and more undiscovered Pitrellis.

e: Not calling Hannibal poo poo, just pointing out the precedent.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 23, 2014

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
But then he doesn't actually eat brains because we don't want his legions of fangirls to hurt us.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
The only things I remember liking about the later seasons were Hiro & Ando antics (sneaking up on the African painter, George Takei's psychic video tapes) and John Glover being generally awesome in his 2 or so appearances.

e: Oh, and that speedster who nearly all the fans loved... and who was almost immediately killed.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Endless Mike posted:

A forum I used to post on had a thread devoted to people watching it just to poo poo on it.

And that forum... was TVIV.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
What I really don't get about all this "oh god Skye's going to become Captain Marvel" doomsaying is the obvious fact that, well, Coulson can't loving fly or shoot fist lasers. We have walking, talking proof of what Tube Guy's organ juice or whatever can do, so just calm the gently caress down.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

bobkatt013 posted:

Too bad about his weakness to barbwire fences.

To be fair, Nightwing's biggest weakness is Editors.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Mr. Maltose posted:

I don't know if that's a typo or not.

Well he did have that great weekend with Barbara... which he capped off by giving her an invite to his wedding with Starfire.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

twistedmentat posted:

That's right, I keep forgetting about that.

Nobody should have to remember the Elektra movie.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

bobkatt013 posted:

Squirrel girl steals the Thanos-chopper

Add in Hellcat as her crimefighting partner, use it as a stealth method to build to a Mllie The Model movie.

This plan is flawless.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

muscles like this? posted:

Can't stop hearing Kenway when he talks.

And this is supposed to be a problem? Something something Bleeding Effect, Kenway's awesome, moving on.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

goldenoreos posted:

Only thing I found odd about the trailer is that they never say Constantine's name, which makes me wonder how they're pronouncing it in the show.

Well you have to leave some speculation to keep the tumblr crowd waiting for the premiere.

Comedy Option: They only refer to him as Johnny for the entire first season.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So... how long until Marvel announces a miniseries to install Coulson as director of SHIELD in 616?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Speaking of CW, they also just released the first official promo images for iZombie:

Also, have some ad copy.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Chaos Hippy posted:

Calling it now: Anthony Steward Head as Stephen Strange.

Actually, I think I could get behind that.

Sadly he's just a bit too old for that now.

But as Baron Mordo, maybe... oh hell yes.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Anyone have any alternate hosting for that? It's been taken down already.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So, uh, Rat Queens is getting a TV series.

Holy poo poo :stare:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So, how long until a tumblr petition starts to get James Urbaniak as Gary?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
They could go really far out of left field and add the Michael Holt Mister Terrific. I mean, especially if they're not allowed to use Batman, Not Batman With Floating Robot Orbs would be a nice compromise.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

I'm assuming that much like how Ollie is just the "Arrow" that Ted would just be the "Beetle." Unless next season is when they introduce the color names.

Please. He'll be the Scarab.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Am I alone in thinking that it's a double red herring, and that instead of an outright villain instead he's a Rip Hunter type who only wants to preserve the timeline at all costs?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
The only real downside to the Pilot was the score being utter garbage. Like even by Pilot Stock Music standards it was just bad.

EDIT: And in non-:filez: content, Fox just released a new round of character posters for Gotham and it looks like someone let the interns try Photoshop again.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 26, 2014

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

bobkatt013 posted:

He was Fulton Reed in the classic film Mighty Ducks.

The suitcase shot guy?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mikeycp posted:

If we can get Basically-Arsenal, and Eventually-Speedy in Arrow, I don't see why Kid Flash can't appear in this one eventually.

And Iris West's racelift means that it can be a New52-esque Wally to please DC editorial as well.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 27, 2014

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Although it was kinda weird that Wally's bride-to-be was already in her early 40s (check the news report).

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

More Arrow casting, Devon Aoki is going to be Katana.

Does anyone actually like this character?
Honest question, I have no drat idea why DC decides to trot them out once a decade or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

twistedmentat posted:

It's depressing that it does sound like something that could really happen.

Hipster Daredevil, with a scarf and wallet chain.

Does all of Marvel NYC just have one big mutual agreement that if poo poo were to go down in Williamsburg, they'll just politely ignore it and let it burn to the ground?

If no, then why not.