Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
So I know nothing about Iron Fist. Is it weird that I want him to be Asian? I just know he has magic martial art powers and I would like more Asian leads in tv shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It's not integral to Danny Rand's character to be a white guy who became heir to an asian culture's super secret martial art, but I don't think we need more "asian=kung fu" stereotypes in popular culture.

I know that's not ideal but on the other hand there are really really few Asian male leads.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

So they've all been exposed to darkforce. Anybody think Tripplet and simmons could make a decent Cloak and Dagger? I just want more people with powers on the show.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

I still maintain the best possible show would have been one about Bruce's parents and their involvement with Gotham's secret societies for rich people. You could still get the Cobblepots that way, and get some Arkham stuff going too.

They might as well just do steampunk alternate reality Batman then. Don't have to worry about continuity and we can bring back zeppelins and tommy guns.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Never in a thousand years would have I come up with such awesome casting for Kingpin.

I know nothing about him but he just looks like Kingpin to me.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Dexo posted:

You don't blow that scene on the Pilot though. You save that for at least a mid-season finale if not a season finale.

This is by the Arrow team right? You'll get that scene in episode 5 and he'll be running around the world to build up speed to rip braniac apart by episode 10.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I remember in one episode, this guy lost fine motor control in his hands because of a car accident and botched surgery, ruining his potential career as an artist. But he also gained telekinetic powers from the car having Plot Meteor on it, and it's clearly shown later in the episode that he can use this incredible, awe-inducing superhuman ability to paint even better than he used to.

So naturally, he's out for revenge.

That sounds so close to Dr. Strange but just misses it.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of weird they went with Ray Palmer instead of Ted Kord.

I think they should have just made Brandon Routh Superman again.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I don't want Ted Kord without Booster anyway.

Booster can't be that hard to add. Just make him Ted's smarmy agent.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

What if were all jokers!! Makes u think...

I'm all for a Jokerz gang. Let's just skip Bruce and go straight to Terry.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I dunno, the JL/JLU cartoons skimped on the animation budget by making John construct bubbles 90% of the time instead of anything creative or interesting. I'm sure a tv lantern would find a way to disappoint.

Green muppets everywhere.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Good, it was kind of awkward.

As is the Jessica Jones part.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Cool. I was hoping for Vixen live-action but to be honest they can probably get way more mileage out of a Hawkgirl show.

Way more in to murder than Ollie and Barry but also probably fighting against an alien invasion. Sounds pretty awesome really.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

One of the first things you see Ollie do in the first season is murder a dude.

Yeah but Hawkgirl is never going to feel that bad about killing people. She's a soldier.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

LorneReams posted:

The worst part about the Merlin arc was that it could have been 100 times better. The idea was sound, it was just executed horribly. I mean poo poo, a better way to have handled it would be have Ras come and beat Ollie down again and before he goes in for the kill, have Merlin shank him from behind. Everyone is even.

Not really because Merlyn is still a huge mass murderer. It would be like being rescued by Hitler.

I haven't watched the end of season 3 because I got annoyed with everyone on the show.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Rhyno posted:

One of my friends is here hanging out and we're watching the season 2 episodes I DVRed. We got to the second episode and I was getting a drink and he yells "Rhyno get in here quick! Lesbians!"

So it has that going for it.

Do you not have lesbians on your home planet?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

The Mentalizer posted:

Like I said, maybe I mixed it up with something. And it wasn't "only real veterans can get real PTSD", it was "don't diminish their experience by connecting them to mine"

It's actually really hard to use PTSD in court for civilian cases because juries are dumb and don't get it. Abused spouses generally have PTSD symptoms too and lawyers had to invent Battered Wives' Syndrome so that people would understand the mindset though it's functionally the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Whedon's first project after the Avengers was black and white version of Much Ado About Nothing filmed at his house with a group of his friends.

If he's interested in something (and available) I don't think scale is going to be an issue.

I liked Much Ado About Nothing but this is less a statement about him willing to do low budget as it is a statement that he's cool with making money to goof off with his friends. That was not a labor intensive project.