Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

zoux posted:

Ruh roh.

I don't see what other cable channel could do it better. I mean yeah, HBO would be great, but I'd rather NBC than CW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They should just go the Ultimate route with it and redo everything; Gordon dies two episodes in, Bruce Wayne moves away, and it becomes a noir show about Donal Logue

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The worst thing about it is that they already have a perfectly good series in Gotham Central, they just decided to this instead

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

David Cross as The Thing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dacap posted:

I disagree. That faceplate is kind of the defining physical characteristic of the character, it just doesn't seem right without it.

They can always save it for a big reveal (ie when their budget allows for it) and have him get burned Terminator style or something

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I cants imagine a solid metal faceplate is any harder to put on than all the burn make up

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I like to think AoS was dragging their heels because they couldn't reveal Hydra yet, and now it will kick into high gear, but I am a hopeless optimist.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe they'll work Sharon into it somehow so she's not just some weird loose thread

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wonder how long it will take them to do a time travel plot and cross the shows over

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Given that they had Hawkeye spend 90% of Avengers as a brainwashed lackey I don't think they'll do the exact same thing with Jessica

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just give Fuller full creative control and keep Kring and Loeb far far away and you've got a deal

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bobkatt013 posted:

Fuller could do Heroes, or he could do Hannibal. Decisions decisions.

Both. Hannibal and Sylar team up and travel across the country murdering people

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want an episode based entirely on the Reverse Flash comic where Thawin is just a dick to young Barry for a solid hour

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

In the age of DVRs and OnDemand is there even a death slot anymore?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Klungar posted:

I thought Marvel could do whatever they wanted on TV, just that they couldn't use any of those characters in a film?

Only for animation

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They're going to have him be someone totally unrelated who's been there the whole time, like a CSI guy or something, and pretend it's clever.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

greatn posted:

What if instead of one superhero in high school, you had a team of five of them, all wearing different colors.

So the Ultimate Spider-Man Cartoon?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lucy Lawless is joining AoS but no word on who she's playing yet

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

British. Fitz had to undergo some pretty radical surgeries to survive

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I desperately want an Avengers musical in my lifetime

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

lomzus posted:

Adrianne Palicki has been cast as Mockingbird on Agents of SHIELD.

I love this new era of Marvel outright trolling DC

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Skye will presumably get more interesting as they focus on what she is next season

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Donald glover is voicing Miles Morales on the USM cartoon :3:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:vince:
I'd rather they bring back the cartoon but that still owns

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is going to be rad. D'nofrio is scary enough playing a good guy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

have they said how much Flash and Arrow will tie in together? I haven't gotten around to watching Arrow at all but I'd like to watch Flash

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Uh, excuse me

Case closed.

Hulk is actually really good, too. I barely remembered it, but my kid's going through a big Hulk phase right now so we've watched it a few times.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Could have been a lot worse

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Ooh, you could have a love quadrangle with Ben's buddy Rick, and their sexy girlfriends Mary and May. Throw in a pregnancy with the classic 'Who's the daddy?!' twist for sweeps week!

Nobody'd be crazy enough to greenlight a series like that!

I don't know, sounds like trouble

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If there's one thing modern audiences hate, it's huge tits

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

zoux posted:

It's being made by the same guy that made the other two.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ToastyPotato posted:

If Brimstone hadn't died, he wouldn't have been able to do Smallville!

Yeesh, don't rub it in

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They never did cast Superman. Maybe this is the long awaited follow up to the Adventures of Lois and Clark!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JT Smiley posted:

You are aware that you've said more on this very page about the subject than anyone else, right?

There's nothing Toasty enjoys more than endlessly going on and on and on when someone dares mock him

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you only watch half episodes nothing is going to be good.
Well, Law & Order I guess

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

AbsolutelySane posted:

Yeah, but they could probably get another season of Daredevil in before they start filming Defenders. We still have AKA JJ, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage to go. That's plenty of time to shoot another season and incorporate what happens into Defenders.

Yeah, it wouldn't really be any different than IM2 coming out before Avengers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So how exactly does Netflix make any money? Marvel, too, in this case, I guess. I mean at $9 per subscriber and no ads it seems like the whole Defenders set up is going to cost a lot more than it makes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ToastyPotato posted:

Didn't RDJ say he was down for a cameo if they could ever work it out way back during the first season?

I'm sure he'd be down for anything for enough millions of dollars

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rocksicles posted:

I mentioned it somewhere else, the stunt double is Chris Evans stunt double in Winter Solider. They sort of fight similar.

Well they train together a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Barry Convex posted:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/17/marvel-john-ridley

What's crazy is that this is apparently separate from the reported Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff, which would make for a total of FOUR Marvel shows on ABC (not all concurrently, but still) if everything including Agent Carter gets picked up.

I don't understand how that makes business sense for ABC given the middling ratings of the Marvel shows this season, but hey, I won't complain. Probably doesn't bode well for Agent Carter's chances of a second season, though.

I got confused and was thinking of John C Reilly. Got me all psyched up for a Nova Corps show for a minute there