Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Either of the guys who played Nathan and Rudy on Misfits for Cass. They'd both nail that charming/endearing scumbag thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yay, best telly-related news in ages.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Error 404 posted:

Joseph Gilgun or bust :colbert:

Word. He's at just the right age to pull it off whereas the other names bandied about are just too old (especially Tyres).

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
FFS, just have Chas be a regular, down to earth fellow, it's all he needs to be. No mystery bollocks hanging over him, just the only constant in John's life.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Aphrodite posted:

Man those parodies are like high budget now.

Poor AoS, so cheap as to be beneath their notice now, no doubt.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That monkey story :allears:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hell no, I'm still holding out on Gemma being Madame Hydra :colbert:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I hope Firestorm has Victor Garber as a giant transparent head hovering around him. :allears:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Monica's just a better character all round, Carol sucks and seems to be chained to a never ending purgatory of terrible stories. :colbert:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Haha, what? Vinnie Jones is in Arrow now? I know technically he's been acting as long as he played football but it never stops weirding me out whenever he pops up in something. From the man who crushed Gazza's balls in his hand to primetime US television. :psyduck:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

This. This is the Greatest News. I give 0 fucks for Jessica Jones but Patsy Walker owns all.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Klungar posted:

The thing I read about Supergirl's first villain The Lumberjack was that he had fought Superman before.

Wow, there's a name to strike dread in the hearts of all who hear it. What's happened, did he put on a radioactive plaid shirt or cut himself on an axe from another planet?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

bobkatt013 posted:

Zatanna showed up every now and then, the most famous time at his 40th. Swamp Thing also had a crossover in early issues. Dream also appeared in an early issue and a very important character The Family Man was mentioned in a great issue of Sandman.

Swamp Thing's appearance at the 40th was pretty famous too! :420:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

zoux posted:

In a stroke of inspired casting, Rudy from Misfits is cast as Cassidy in AMC's Preacher. It's basically perfect.

This is genuinely the most perfect bit of casting of anything in years. Like, yeah, he's gonna nail that poo poo to the loving wall.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Awwww, I didn't even know he'd had one, let alone one so clearly punishing on the poor sod. That's terrible.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Daredevil and iZombie were great and the only things I'd unequivocally recommend to people.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Proinsias Cassidy, a man whose haircut is by far the scariest thing about him.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
What ever happened to the Purple Girl, anyway? All I remember is she did the same thing except it turned people purple too, and that she had endearingly ridiculous late 80s fashion stylings like something out of Mannequin.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

twistedmentat posted:

So I wonder if Luke Cage has his powers at this point too, or Patsy for that matter. And was that Maria Hill briefly?

Does Patsy have powers? Beyond just being inherently awesome and stuff?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Great cast but hmmm, that trailer did not work for me.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm going to miss Agent Carter now it's practically The Avengers set in the 40s. Awesome lady and dapper posh chap taking on mad super-science nutters, splendid.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles was better than both and only loser scrubs too dumb to beat the barrel could disagree :colbert:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Done the first four episodes and thinking I should be sensible and call it a night but drat, each episode ends in a way to make you think "oh go on then, just one more..."

S2 Episode 4: Dat fuckin' monologue, holy poo poo. Also awwwww, bless: Frank Castle, dog lover.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Peter Serafinowicz is playing The Tick? How bizarre. I guess I'm just used to him playing pure evil characters, like Duane Benzie.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hrrm. Not exactly a terribly impressive stab at Arseface, this:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Cottonmouth is far and away the best thing about the series, the, ah, reduced focus on him in the second half killed a lot of my interest. Diamondback does pick up a bit after a godawful couple of intro episodes though, I had warmed to him somewhat by the end.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I can't help but feel a tad disappointed Dan Stevens is doing this instead of, I don't know, anything else really. He was just so good in The Guest as insane Captain America that a TV pseudo spin off from the X films feels like a bit of a waste. Still, if they do take the recent Legion book as inspiration, I guess it's possible it will turn out quite cool.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Plus Misfits featured one the most fearsome and terrifying superpowers in history...

..Lactokinesis.

Mock it at your peril.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Medullah posted:

It definitely went downhill around Season 3 but still was a must watch because Rudy was amazing.

Yeah, Rudy's in the worst seasons but he's far and away the best character, and Joe Gilgun went on to be the best thing about Preacher afterwards too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lurdiak posted:

Heh, Marvel stuff? I actually think it's bad. Yeah, I'm pretty cool.

Pretty much every Aphrodite and Charlesthehammer post ever.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Jinkies. Following in the footsteps of Bane and Professor Xavier, Captain America is going to be reading a bedtime story to children on the BBC. I keep waiting for someone to say it's the other, godawful copperbonce Chris Evans but apparently not, it's the real deal.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Preacher news:

Malcolm Barrett is Hoover, Julie Ann Emery is Featherstone, and Pip Torrens is Herr Starr

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
iZombie has been renewed for a fourth season. Have to admit, I'm not really feeling the current one so far, the Ravi-Peyton-Blaine thing is sucking a lot of the life out of it but still, there's time to improve.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Given what a bunch of lameos the Netflix Defenders are, am I really to understand they expect anyone to cheer them on going up against Gao and Siggsy? gently caress that noise, I hope the two old dears wipe the floor with them.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Speaking of Pegg, I had a lovely dream last night that Edgar Wright remade The Terminator and set it in London. Sarah Connor was in a garage band and Simon Pegg played Kyle Reese, dying when Arnie shoots him in the face with a grenade launcher outside the comic shop in Camden Town. All the nearby market traders cheered and the Terminator gives up looking for Sarah and takes over a nearby fruit & veg stall in an attempt to find meaning in its existence.

Still better than Salvation.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

HIJK posted:

? Arrowverse is CW I thought? Anyway my point was that Hogfather is cheap and drops a lot of the book material so it's not as good as the freaking book, but that it's still enjoyable so long as you don't expect a AAA blockbuster 100% word for word adaption of the book.

That is the joke - the BBC had nothing to do with the Pratchett adaptations, in fact I think they were produced by Sky. Which is owned by the vile gangster Rupert the Murdoch so you could just say Fox UK really.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Isn’t ‘The Expanse’ a Syfy show? Because that’s loving great.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The Punisher is better than any of their other shows, and better than most of the films. God knows how they managed to pull that off but here we are.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Inkspot posted:

But seriously, if we don't get Rachael Taylor in a modified Adam West cowl, Marvel Netflix has been for nothing.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I only made it about 4 eps into iZombie S3, the wretched Ravi/Peyton/Blaine love triangle thing was bumming me out. I still mean to go back and finish but it just sucked the life out of all involved.