Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

The Swamp Thing tax story wasn't true but was one of the most true-feeling stories I've ever encountered and that makes it slightly better than being true; I could readily accept that a state tourism incentive tax rebate program screwed up, I could even more readily accept that Warners totally hosed up trying to save what is ultimately a negligible amount of money, it was perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

yeah but obviously that means the whole show is about the Burger King Kids Club trying to get through life, the mere suggestion of representation changed the genre from "police procedural where some of the cops can fly" to that, apparently

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

my personal favorite is Satannish, because he definitely was named when a Comics Code guy was like "is this Satan??!" and Roy Thomas answered "well, he's Satan-ish"

also because he has a second face on his tummy

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

I hope he's Seth the Immortal and they've decided to adapt the bizarre Terry Kavanaugh era where Frenchie had the spirit of a Templar knight or something inside him and Moon Knight fought demons

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Hawkingbird was a good name

Anyway, Renner should be Goliath but they'll probably go the boring route of having him keep Ronin ronin ronin ronin (c'mon)

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

alright, I just watched five episodes of Wandavision last night after not reading anything about it.

Is Agnes Agatha Harkness? Like she's got most of the name, just smushed together, and she seems to be either conscious of what's going on or actually manipulating it a little

Also I'd buy that the town was originally getting controlled by Puppet Master. You could say Wundagore was in Sokovia, get you a backdoor FF connection, and it's pretty similar to the couple times he put his daughter into a perfect little Americana zone

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

why, they still have two hours or so to introduce things and basically all the movies have been loose adaptations of a bunch of comics with no prior context given for people who hadn't read them

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Agatha Harkness is a witch who babysat Franklin Richards but also gave Wanda magic training when she decided to be an actual witch in addition to using her mutant powers

Puppet Master is a Fantastic Four villain who makes sculptures out of radioactive clay (from, coincidentally, the weird mountain where Wanda and Pietro were born) to control the subjects of the sculpture

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

all of them are raccoons

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

the Marvel Studios opener is like triple the length it needs to be and sounds like music from an epic fantasy film shot for forty dollars in the woods outside Vancouver

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Holy poo poo, in all my speculation I don't know how it never occurred to me that this might all be building towards that.

look at the clip of Wanda breaking into SWORD again

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Kitty Forman getting billed like third whenever she's on whether or not she actually talks is a stone baller move on her part

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

fake Pietro saying that the fast kid got goes fast powers from being a Maximoff implies that at least Agatha thinks Wanda thinks either Pietro had innate goes fast abilities or that he got whammied so hard by a space rock that his powers became genetically inheritable through his twin

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

yeah but she made Pietro say it and Wanda didn't question it, so she had at least an educated guess going. I presume Agatha has some degree of telepathy going on in order to do what she's been doing, so the flashbacks were maybe more about her confirming suspicions than actually fact finding

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

I have subtitles on everything because of a combination of not having the TV on very loud, basically everything I watch mixing dialogue way too low to begin with, and a refusal to learn to understand what British people are saying most of the time

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

lmao they made Scarlet Witch Anung Un Rama

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

I mean Agatha did more to spring the population of a fairly crummy looking New Jersey town than SWORD did, she was just a dick to the main character while she did it

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

it's cool that the head of a presumably government affiliated military adjacent organization can be arrested by the FBI for, I guess, being mean to protagonists? like I'm not a hundred percent sure what that guy did but TV should have more government guys getting arrested for whatever

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

did Jimmy Woo ever find his missing witness?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

TwoPair posted:

You know it only kinda bothered me during WandaVision but I think I've officially decided that the Marvel Studios intro is the most up its own rear end thing and I hate it.

it's like five times longer than it needs to be and is scored like a cartoon about a large bear going jogging, just the pits every time

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

I really can't believe they didn't decide the super soldier serum was a juice distilled from an infinity stone given how many other things became infinity stone related in the MCU. unless they did in a two minute short film on the Iron Man 2 DVD special features or something. it would play well with the MCU being heavily Ultimate universe flavored and the Ultimate universe used "botched attempt to replicate the super soldier serum" as the backstory for everything

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

I dipped like fifteen trades in but read the last dozen or so issues because I got Image stuff free at work, I liked most of the run but it did get a little bit wheel spinny for a while

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

yeah that's about where I was at. I liked Mark, I liked Atom Eve, I liked most of the supporting cast, but it trod the same ground a few times too many, so it started to feel like reading thirty years of Amazing Spider-Man in a row except it was all by mostly the same creative team throughout

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

No, in the comics Bruce was working on the Gamma Bomb project, which was unrelated and was as you might guess just like an H-bomb but gamma. (Why was that better than hydrogen? You'd have to ask Jack and/or Stan.)

there's a brief period where everyone working in the bullpen must have read the same like Life Magazine piece about cobalt because every villain in every book is suddenly trying to make c-bombs and cobalt armor, the sixties were a wild time for scientific advancement in the explosery arts

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

X-O posted:

The MCU fascination with the super soldier serum is something taken straight out of the Ultimate comics. Everything in those backs ties back to that serum. Spider-Man, Hulk, the creation of all Mutants. It all goes back to that serum.

I mentioned it before but I'm shocked they haven't tried to make the serum or vita-rays an infinity stone derivative just to tie basically everything into one package. I kinda thought they were going that way with the Hulk's line about how the radiation coming off of the gauntlet was mostly gamma or whatever

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

I still like "it's a Roman numeral" better than "Weapon Coincidentally Good Branding" though

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

yeah I still read it as the letter, I just like the idea better.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

Someone please tell me everything about whatever the hell I'm looking at

guy had a machine that made guys bigger but he got put into his make guys bigger machine too much and became a guy that was much too big

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

I want Cap to screw up history so bad that we get an FF movie set in like 1967 that ends with like Tony Stark's daughter looking at a textbook that Back to the Futures a picture of LBJ into a picture of Benjamin J Grimm

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

those guys feel like they could all pop up in She Hulk, depending on the tone of that show.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

social media intern intended it to be hashtag moonknight, then realized their style guide insisted that hashtags only go at the end of posts, removed the pound sign but forgot to hit the space

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Millarworld is a retirement fund for good artists and for that I cannot fault it but I'll be damned if I want to read any of it

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

they basically stuck a picture of Mephisto in there so you're surprised when it's actually Belasco

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

I was trying to imagine whose job it was to sign off on things Batman can and cannot do in other media and settled on, in this instance, Geoff Johns, the man who wrote Hank Pym shrinking down into his ex wife's vagina in an issue of Avengers for some reason, as the funniest option

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

the skrull that impersonated him, though, you couldn't stop them from going down. either one of them.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

was that ride of the valkyries in a uh low key

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

lmao if Raylen Givens wins an Emmy for a role where he wore a jetpack

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Cheadle's negotiations for that were definitely "I'll be in this if you get me an Emmy nomination"

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Peter MacNicol once got nominated for Guest Actor and then unnominated because he wound up in five episodes of Veep instead of four and the season was ten episodes long, I think the year after they made that change

edit: well, hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Reverse Flash doing a lil poke up and to his right at absolutely nothing about midway through that got me