Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Another couple that crashed and burned...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlcO39gUyvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmLGbRBjrL4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Two more openings...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqB36FsglEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnSU2AalfKg

and the 7 minute Batgirl Pilot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GdStZKIxU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Gavok posted:

WELLLLLLLLLL!

That would be loving genius casting.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Harrelson would be better as Hammerhead I think. I actually like the idea of Melissa McCarthy as Kingpin. Comedians tend to play good villains. (Comedy option: Dan Fogel or Seth Rogan...though Rogan would actually probably do a good job come to think of it.)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Wanderer posted:

The problem with Whedon alums is their track rate. His brother Jed's on "Agents of SHIELD," Jane Espenson's got some web show, Marti Noxon is hopefully not coming anywhere near this, and David Greenwalt and Tim Minear have modest reputations as Show Killers.

Greenwalt has Grimm right now and seems to be doing pretty good :swoon: Monroe.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

bobkatt013 posted:

Raymond Shaw Tahiti is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being place I've ever known been in my life.

What's Phil's red queen then?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
All of Louisiana...Gone. Assface...Gone. Herr Starr medical issues...Gone.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
It shouldn't be too hard to get somebody who wants to play Herr Starr. He has some of the best lines in the comic. Richard Moll as Starr would be wonderful.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Lurdiak posted:

The comic is a surprisingly good reading experience because it's got solid characters, clever writing and great pacing, but once you're done with it, the immense pile of unfunny, intolerant, juvenile Ennis garbage that accumulated makes you wonder how you even got through the whole thing.

Ennis and Millar are two people who can create great characters that I like and stick them in stories that I hate.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Tuxedo Jack posted:

He and Goldberg wrote the script, where most of the problems reside.

But I actually liked the Green Hornet movie. I thought it was a clever reimagining of the character. Back in the 90's DC was hyping a new Doc Savage book with a splash ad of a high angle shot through a cheap office window. Seated behind a desk was a big guy with his hair in a pony tail. The tag line was 'Doc Savage He's not who you think he is.' When the book came out none of that imagery was in it. It was just Doc and the Five in the future.

I still want to see a good modern day version of Doc. TV, Movie...not a DC Comic though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I saw it through TVGuide

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Lurdiak posted:

Brimstone was the exact perfect amount of corny trashy TV wrapped in a :krad: glaze, I can't believe it never got renewed. And yeah, John Glover was the best Satan that ever Satan'd.

Ray Wise :colbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Mob City is also a short season show I thought.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

hi liter posted:

Also, how many non-JL teams have had more than one member appear on Arrow as of the most recent episode?

With the Flash series I am so ready for the Rogue's Gallery :getin:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Little Mac posted:

For those still watching SHIELD (I think it's gotten a million times better, personally), J. August Richards' character is officially Deathlok, which is not what I expected but pretty rad.

I am perfectly fine with this as long as he bitches to/at 'puter on a regular basis.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I like the new mask. It looks more practical than the original.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Gaz-L posted:

It's eerie how they took a character that seemed nothing like the original at first and now he looks and in a lot of ways acts exactly like Deathstroke. The slightly greying hair is a great touch.

Yeah, time travel is kind of tricky like that. I do almost wonder if they're going to do Killer Frost or combine her with Captain Cold, because having two villains with very, very similar gimmicks seems a bit much, but you'd think Cold would've been the one to pick, being as he's the iconic Flash villain. On the other hand, having another woman in the cast is a plus, and probably why they picked that character.

They bring Killer Frost in, that means Raymond/Stein Firestorm right right?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Need Gypsy and Commander Steel too!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Isn't Ivo more generalized JLA? Kind of like Starro?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

bobkatt013 posted:

People watched it for the moments that they would mention the Superman mythos or bring in a DC character. Heroes did not have any of those things. That is right Heroes is shitter than Smallville.

Heroes after Season 1 is shittier than Smallville.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Dexo posted:

Woah, lets not say things we can't take back.

Smallville has Kristin Kreuk and Tom Welling. Heroes Season 1 only has Milo Ventimiglia he is that bad.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Opopanax posted:

They could always turn her into the other other Captain Marvel, Spectrum or whatever her name was

Photon...and no they can't. She's needed for the NextWave series along with Fin Fang Foom :colbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
NBC has handled Grimm really well actually.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Gaz-L posted:

I actually think the Black Ranger from RPM might be a better actor than the guy playing Ward.

Not a high bar. Tom Welling would be better.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
An older experienced Matt would be pretty cool though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I still wish they would show him arguing with 'Puter

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

bunnyofdoom posted:

Just got home from TWS, and the way I see it, AoS has two choices, based on the imaginary lines I'm giving Coulson here.

1. "Well, yeah, our HQ got blown up, but look at all the facilities we got still that we have visited this year alone. So, it's business as usual guys."

2. "Well, it seems like we're outta a job right now. Jet fuel kinda costs alot, and while I could call Stark for some cash, I really wouldn't want to deal with him being that smug over it. Instead, we'll all pile into Ward's 78 Camaro and travel the US fighting crime! Now, there's not enough seats, so Fitzsimmonds, one of you has to ride in the trunk"

I personally am a fan of option 2.

Option 2 is the only option :colbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

bunnyofdoom posted:

Repulsor fuelCGI costs money too. Alternatively, Lola is technically SHIELD property.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

muscles like this? posted:

Its kind of funny how much AoS didn't care if people hadn't seen Winter Soldier yet.

Like if they're marketing it to normal people instead of obsessives...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

SaintFu posted:

Apparently, Syfy intends to adapt Frank Miller's Ronin as a miniseries.

Fifteen or twenty years ago I would have been psyched for this, but now, I just don't know . . .

It was a great comic. How would you keep it cool for TV...oh it's SYFY, they won't.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

ToastyPotato posted:

How dumb can you go with it before it ceases to be recognizable and alienates its major audience? They are screwed because the fact of the matter is people are going to want this show to be more Batman than the executives at WB/DC will likely let them be, especially since they are about to reboot the character for movies. They should have pulled an Arrow or Flash and put in some other second stringer into a TV show.

They only have the TV rights for Batman I thought. How are they working Bullock in though? Doesn't he fall under characters WB still has control of for television?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
David Anders is awesome. I loved him in Revenant.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

bobkatt013 posted:

Its Constantine so there is a 110% chance she will be dead by the end of the first season.

That low?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The May out of nowhere strike was pretty loving hysterical.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

BigRed0427 posted:

I found the first season to the old Wonder Woman TV Show. Wow, that theme song did not stand the test of time.

Sung by the NBC Chorus!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pSpHMIXrsQ

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Greenwalt is running Grimm.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Gjokaj would be a good DD.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Karen Page.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Head would make a fantastic Mordo. Then cast Alan Tudyk as Strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The Phantom Stranger should be showing up too.