Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Here's Victoria Hand from Agents of SHIELD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

404GoonNotFound posted:

Huh, maybe this means we might actually see SWORD sooner or later?

She was HAMMER not SWORD. Abigail Brand was SWORD.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Hooray and all, but those are precisely the heroes that ought to be showing up on Agents of SHIELD if they want anyone to actually watch that show ever.

I think they'll have a better tone and production value on Netflix than on ABC. I much prefer this to having them on AOS

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I wonder if they'd do an Immortal Iron Fist adaptation or if they're keeping it street level. I just want a live action Fat Cobra

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I'm curious if Punisher is going to show up in this

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Dexter? fuuuuuuuuuck.

She left after season 4, which is a bit reassuring

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

AMC has ordered a pilot for Preacher

http://badassdigest.com/2013/11/16/amc-is-taking-preacher-to-pilot

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

If only the show lived up to the Japanese version of the show's intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I wonder if they're gonna Bat-embargo this like with the cartoons and keep Robin out of it because of the (rumored) plans to have Nightwing in Batman Vs. Superman

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

greatn posted:

GL looked like it was desperately trying to set up a shared universe with Amanda Waller.

Yeah, it was pretty clear she was supposed to be their Nick Fury that connected all the films.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Soonmot posted:

Hulk hammer throwing one tank and stalking towards another with the destroyed turret of different tank was only ever topped by the "puny god" scene in Avengers.

Edit: poo poo, I thought this was the movie thread.

I liked the ripped up car hulk hands bit that they stole from the Ultimate Destruction game too.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Kellsterik posted:

I listened to a movie review podcast recently guest featuring Ed Brubaker, and he just very briefly mentioned at the end in response to a question that Winter Soldier was inspired by elements from his run on Captain America. Which surprised me because he...invented the Winter Soldier character. I infer he wasn't really involved in the production.

IIRC he first found out about it when Marvel publicly announced the title.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Are the other Howling Commandos going to be supporting characters? I think I'd be more interested if Dum Dum Dugan was involved.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Jamie Alexander is doing a guest spot on Agent of SHIELD as Sif

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/1/17/21783/the_lady_sif_set_to_drop_in_on_marvels_agents_of_shield.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

I thought Fox allowed Daredevil to go back to Disney for an extension on Fantastic Four?

It wasn't an extension on F4. Marvel offered to extend DareDevil's rights for Fox if Fox gave them back the rights to just Silver Surfer and Galactus. Fox declined and let the DD rights lapse.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

StumblyWumbly posted:

I don't know how big $4 mil is in something like this, but it seems a bit silly. What were they going to do, move DD to Hell's Kitchen, Toronto?

Harlem in The Incredible Hulk was Toronto

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

zoux posted:

Just get used to drabber colors, I don't think there's a brightly colored hero on any screen anywhere.

Avengers Cap was pretty colorful. The new Spider-Man suit is dead-on perfect too

Some more clear shots, I don't care for the bolts on the front of the helmet or on the torso by the chest but overall it's pretty solid

Dacap fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 12, 2014

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Already the biggest difference between Flash and Arrow, Flash is operating during the day in full costume.

Isn't that pretty true to the character though? My knowledge of Flash is pretty much limited to the JL/U cartoons but hasn't he always been more of a public facing hero who is beloved by the city?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

greatn posted:

I think it's cooler that all that is under his skin. A metal face plate covering half his face would look lovely on film.

I disagree. That faceplate is kind of the defining physical characteristic of the character, it just doesn't seem right without it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I wonder when we'll get a new X-Men cartoon, it's been a while since WATXM ended. I think there's been some rumors of Marvel having a Guardians of the Galaxy series for 2015.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

They completely changed the premise of the show and one character (so far) has had a massive personality revamp.

Also Patton Oswalt shows up!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Yeah, I'm hoping they don't try to redeem Ward as well. He's much more interesting as an antagonist and he's killed too many people to just be forgiven because he had a rough childhood or whatever reason they use to justify it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Plus she mentioned something about wanting to know what she will become, which sounds a lot like the terrigenesis stuff happening on the books

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

You'd think with having Disney's animation studio, Marvel would be able to put something decent out. Why not make a Wolverine and the Xmen animated show, as in based on the adventures of the Jean Grey School? You have all the classic kid cartoon archtypesl; Quinten is the sarcastic one, Idie is the upstanding one, Broo is the genius one, kid gladiator is the tough one, rockslide is the dumb one, Doop is their wacky mascot and so on.

That's pretty much what X-Men Evolution was.

Also the trailer for the first Marvel/Disney joint animated feature is coming out this week, Big Hero 6

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Charlie Cox is the new Daredevil

Variety posted:

British actor Charlie Cox has secured the titular role of “Daredevil” in Marvel/Netflix’s upcoming live-action series, sources confirm to Variety.

The character was last seen on the big screen in 2003, when Ben Affleck donned Matt Murdock’s signature red horns. “Daredevil” is one of four Marvel properties set to headline serialized solo series set in and around Hell’s Kitchen, New York, along with “Jessica Jones,” “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage.” The quartet will then band together in a Netflix miniseries event titled “The Defenders.” The initial order for “Daredevil” is 13 episodes.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Yeah I can definitely see this working

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Looks like the American Gods HBO series isn't happening

http://www.vulture.com/2014/06/hbo-american-gods-what-happened.html?mid=twitter_vulture

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Ted Kord Blue Beetle. Especially because he's been name dropped a bunch already. Also the whole "business magnate" thing.

Matches up wit his young tech startup look intro'd at the end of Forever Evil too

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Patty Spivot shows down the line to keep Iris away for a while.

PILOT SPOILERS Am I the only thinking that the big shot at Star Labs is actually the Reverse Flash and the Detective is only a red herring just like Tommy on Arrow?

Yeah they aren't really subtle about it. Pretty sure he's going to turn out to be Zoom

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

If you read through the history and episode guide it's pretty clear that this in no way is a thing that existed and this is just a fun little What If?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

They just announced that Brandon Routh will be playing Ray Palmer/Atom on Season 3 of Arrow. He'll be in 14 episodes and the new owner of Queen Consolidated

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Constantine has dropped the actress from one of the main roles

quote:

BC's upcoming DC Comics-based drama "Constantine" has made a major casting move, with co-star Lucy Griffiths off the show, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The site stated reason for the move: "the show's creators opted to move in a different direction." The role will not be recast, but rather replaced by Zed -- not yet been cast -- a character from early issues of the "Hellblazer" comic.

Griffiths' character Liv, created for the TV series, was positioned as the co-lead of the show; the supernaturally gifted daughter of one of main character John Constantine's (Matt Ryan) oldest friends. NBC's official series description reads: "So, together, Constantine and Liv must use her power and his skills to travel the country, find the demons that threaten our world and send them back where they belong."

THR describes Zed's character as, "a foil for the show's title character who becomes his right-hand woman," and discloses that "additional characters from 'Hellblazer' and the occult DC universe" will be introduced later in the series.

"Constantine" is set to debut at 10 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 24 on NBC, but before that, will be screened on both Wednesday, July 23 and Saturday, July 26 at Comic-Con International in San Diego

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

It's Jim Steranko, you guys. There wouldn't even be an Agents of SHIELD show if not for his contributions, and he was an escape artist and a roguish type.

I want this to be true and have him enter every scene on the Nick Fury rocket cycle

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

greatn posted:

What if instead of one superhero in high school, you had a team of five of them, all wearing different colors.

They would need to have attitude

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=104407

Agents of Shield Season 2 teaser, Twice the Patton Oswalt and a Mockingbird namedrop!

Lucy Lawless will be playing Isabel Hartly, and Nick Blood will play Lance Hunter. Villain of the season will be Kraken

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Here's our first look at Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I feel like Daredevil would've been better if Affleck and Farrell switched parts

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Brian Patrick Wade is playing Absorbing Man in Agents of SHIELD. Along with the Mockingbird announcement it looks like Marvel has realized that people actually want Marvel comics characters in their Marvel comics show

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

OH poo poo!

The Tick is coming back on Amazon, Patrick Warbuton is returning and Ben Edlund is writing/producing.

quote:

Don’t worry citizens, The Tick is back to save the day!

Broad-shouldered Patrick Warburton only sported his blue antennae for one season the first go-around, but the critically acclaimed superhero parody is now being revived on Amazon, a source tells PEOPLE.

The cult-classic series is based on a comic book by Ben Edlund and was first brought to television as an animated series that enjoyed three seasons of success in the mid 1990s. In early 2012, Fox canceled Warburton's live-action version (which also starred a pre-Lost Nestor Carbonell) after just nine episodes.

But no one can stop The Tick from keeping watch over The City.

Warburton – who has also appeared on Seinfeld and Rules of Engagement – recently inked a deal with Amazon and Sony to reprise his role, with Edlund producing and writing, according to the source.

http://www.people.com/article/tick-patrick-warburton-returning-amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

The Tick was pretty much Proto-Venture Bros.

Oh definitely, so many of the Venture Bros.s villain characters would have fit perfectly in the world of the Tick.