Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

That is coming later this year!

I know, which is why I got my hopes up when you posted that link!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vincent posted:

As good as the show is, I still think that slade's grey hair looks like it was sprayed on Manu Benneyt's head 5 minutes before the scene.

Necessary evil given the island flashbacks aren't all shot before the rest of the season. He has to be able to go back and forth for now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Basically the first Deadshot episode is where the show finally finds its stride, partially because it shows just how comicbook Arrow is willing to go and partially because Ollie's supporting cast starts becoming solid.

That's the first appearance of Felicity, isn't it? If so, then yeah, that's where the show starts coming together, by realising that Oliver needs connections as the Arrow/Hood, to question why he's doing what he does.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah, he brings her Deadshot's laptop to get the memory off it.

Oh, yeah, with the first of his terrible Batman-lite excuses.

"My coffee shop's in a bad neighbourhood..."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

The best excuse was when he wanted to get her to analyze Vertigo. It was something about an energy drink that a buddy was trying to get him to invest in or something like that.

"Why is it in a syringe?"

"...I ran out of sports bottles?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, they came up with a way to use the names! Callsigns and codenames from Waller's crew! :haw: And also Huntress. :geno:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

So much glee there. From the Suicide Squad to Slade going full badass. Also looks like Roy is going to try take Slade on.

Clearly so he can get taken apart and whine that Ollie has "no chance" because he doesn't even have powers! Cue the Arrow wrecking poo poo in the finale.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dig will be Hawkman. It'll be the start of a simmering subplot where he grumbles about big government and Obamacare.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

Any thoughts on that weird body Could on saw? My first thought was it could be Coulson's body, implying he is a clone or LMD.

Probably a Kree.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Opopanax posted:

They could always turn her into the other other Captain Marvel, Spectrum or whatever her name was

Ah, yes, making her into the MCU version of the black Captain Marvel, I don't see any PR issues there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Arrow's producers have said that if the Flash TV show doesn't happen Barry is moving to Starling and will just join Team Arrow.

They better hope that doesn't happen. There's literally no way to have Barry be a regular and not make Oliver totally obsolete.

:mad:"Shrapnel planted bombs all over town, I can't search the whole cit-"

:flashfact:"Done."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Meh. It's neat that they're doing the logical thing of "We need an army/government agent type" and instead of using the random name generator, they pick names from the comics, but that's about all it is. I mean, Ruffalo ain't going to be in the show, and even if he was, they sure as hell don't have the crew or budget to make the Hulk look good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And setting the over/under on death threats from Supernatural fangirls received by the dude playing John at 3.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Psst, when the idea is you're turning a guy into an inhuman cyborg killing machine, try and make him look at least AS cyborg as the dude with the robot arm in the movie you put out at the same time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

XboxPants posted:

J. August Richards looks so pissed that they're making him wear that. Just downright indignant.

Dude, I'd be so down for that. They're clearly incapable of making a serious show, so just go for broke on ridiculous. There's been plenty of Power Rangers seasons better than what we're getting on AoS right now. Get whoever made that last post-apocalyptic series and put them in charge instead of nepotism-boy.

I actually think the Black Ranger from RPM might be a better actor than the guy playing Ward.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

redbackground posted:

Hey, that wasn't a terrible episode of AoS! Of course, mashing Titus Welliver, Bill Paxton, Brad Dourif's crazy eyes and Deathlok together in one episode is going to be hard not to enjoy on some level.

But why bring in Brad Dourif for a one-shot red herring? At least give him something to do, for pete's sake!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I really liked the Ms Marvel issues focusing on Moonstone. Moonstone is kinda the Marvel version of Harle Quinn I just realized.

Except the comics are more consistent that Karla's a good shrink, just really amoral. Harley ping-pongs between 'talented but naive' and 'dumb as a plank and hosed her way to a degree'.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

If you have a super villain problem, and Iron Man is busy, and you can't afford Heroes For Hire, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, the C-team.

FTFY

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

Agents of SHIELD wishes it could be as great as She-Ra.

Show would be 100% improved if Ward was replaced by Bow.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

I think you mean "Miracles".

That struck(-er) me as really odd, as I assumed they were going all Kurt Busiek/Ed Brubaker and coining the term 'marvels'. I guess someone thought it was too cheesy?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
First romantic comedy with a $300M CG budget.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The MSJ posted:

I wonder why they did not just use Falcone if they wanted a mobster character, but I guess they really wanted Jada Pinker-Smith to be in the series. Strange would also made sense as well, maybe as Bruce's therapist or something. R'as is probably something they avoid because of Arrow.

I just realised that a 10-year-old Hush could be in this series as well.

Isn't John Doman playing one of the mobsters? (Rawls from The Wire)

Also, I want to point out again that Pinkett-Smith's character is called 'Fish', almost definitely so they can do the joke where Cobblepot notes that Penguins eat Fish. I'm not sure WHICH of the two possible contexts is more likely, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Eh, it could go either way. They could use his inability to kill anyone he 'likes' from up close as proof there was good in him all along, or just that he's a coward who doesn't want to get his hands truly dirty.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I forget, who's Shipp playing in The Flash?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Constantine's premise does sound like a decent comic story. But it also sounds like Supernatural with a dash of Doctor Who.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

redbackground posted:

A show where everybody is using laser cigarettes and joy-buzzer EMPs? Yes please.

Peggy's SHIELD communicator is in her shoe. The stiletto heel is the antenna.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Also from that interview: they are doing the Joker because of course they are and the kid that plays Bruce Wayne is the best actor to play Bruce Wayne ever!

GODDAMNIT.

DC/WB needs to hire someone whose job it is to punch people when they pull poo poo like this.

"Well, we think bringing the Joker in would reall-" *THUNK* "No."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And iZombie and Constantine are distinct enough from cape stuff that a lot of casual viewers won't think of them as comic books shows. Same with Preacher and so forth.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

Yeah the IM2 Howard Stark shot a video of Stark Industries stuff that had Tony in the background of it so that'd probably be like, late 60s or earl 70s or so. This Howard will be 20 years younger than that, hopefully the same guy who played him in Cap 1.

Well, Stark and Dum Dum were both in the short which was kinda-sorta the pilot for the show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Error 404 posted:

Blonde hair vs brown I'd imagine.

You overestimate how far some lazy cosplayers will go for their art.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

Is this really going to be airing on a Friday? Are Fridays no longer death slots or is NBC just saying "good luck new guy" to the show?

They're giving it Grimm as a lead-in, which is basically the only thing on their schedule that makes sense to pair it with. Plus Friday on NBC is kind of a safe haven if you're a cult show. Grimm and Hannibal have both made it pretty far (granted, Hannibal has the co-production = cheap thing going for it.)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 12, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

You're joking, but it's from the origin arc, so I'm guessing Jamie Delano.

:itisanAlanMoorejoke:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Medullah posted:

"Tonight, on the season finale of Constantine, episode titled 'Dangerous Habits' - John must reconcile with the discovery that he has lung cancer - FROM SECOND HAND SMOKE!"

I think Goyer might be able to sell NBC on it if they do the cancer story. He smokes, but he's (narratively) punished for it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

goldenoreos posted:

I've faced many demons, but the worst demon of them all... is my smoking addiction.

I wonder, can we get Matt Ryan scream-singing "I'm So Excited" in Vision Chick's arms?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

I'm excited for Renee but she should be, like, way younger than Bruce Wayne.

FFS they needed to just make Gotham Central or, heck, just make a Batman TV show.

With the mention of Cris and Renee as regulars, I wonder if they wanted Gotham Central, but either Fox were antsy about not having Batman in it and needed a 'reason' he couldn't appear, or they demanded Bruce Wayne in some form.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And season 2 will feature crazy Coulson and an army of robot Patton Oswalts taking over America.

(Probably not.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Slugworth posted:

Ahh, I haven't seen Winter Soldier yet, so I guess that explains that.

Nah, it's all speculation at this point. All Winter Soldier did to address it was Baron Strucker monologuing over shots of Wanda and Pietro showing off their powers in labs/cells.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, Ollie's cameo makes sense. Barry's a part of his development, seeing that his attempt to honour Tommy's memory isn't a failure, that he is capable of being, to quote Liam Neeson Ra's al Ghul, "more than just a man", so now he gets to assure Barry that he can be that as well. Maybe even better than him, because Barry doesn't have the trauma of having to live by his wits on an island of killers for years holding him back.

Also, looks like they're going with the mach 1 limit for him, at least to start, assuming that spedometer on the airfield was in MPH.

Plus, the production team have to love that the property comes with it's own intro narration mostly written AND fitting their established format.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They may name it that, but Tom Cavanaugh has a bit of exposition there which seems to amount to "Um, we done hosed up and opened portals to other dimensions, and now people have superpowers", which seems to be their justification for why Arrow just has people with what amounts to a bit above Captain America powers, and Flash has guys that can summon tornados and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

I half wondered if Merlyn was going to train his daughter and then at the end she switches sides and legitimately became Speedy. :v:

Oh, they're obviously going to do the thing where she's got an arrow nocked and ready to go at the Arrow's head, and Ollie takes the mask and hood off and throws down his bow, all "I won't fight you, Speedy!"