Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Soonmot posted:

In response the SHIELD ep3 having created an original villain:

Hall is the Avenger villain Graviton. I don't know if his comic origin was the same, but he isn't original. I also enjoyed the show.

Ah, that makes sense then. I knew there was a gravity-based villain (albeit from the EMH cartoon though for some reason I thought he was an original creation for that as well). Though the team would have to seriously tool up in terms of stuff like Hulkbusters and whatnot if they start going toe-to-toe with supervillains. On an unrelated matter, the fanboy inside me wants teasers to start cropping up in the episodes for Avengers 2 or even the Dark World. (Yes I want my entertainment to be a marketing vehicle for other entertainment I'd go see anyway, shush).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Just seen the most recent episode (5) and I thought it was much improved as it wasn't afraid to deal with more superhero/supervillain orientated material, whereas the previous episode pussyfooted around it, with only the alien hieroglyphs on the wall distinguishing it as being set in a comic book universe. Arc-wise, it did still feel a bit formulaic - "And this is the episode where a main character betrays everyone's trust and has to work to build it up again for the rest of the series". Still, at least Skye's backstory is being fleshed out.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I appreciate SHIELD has been on and off TV recently (which is really annoying as a Brit, I'm fairly used to a show being on every week), but there doesn't seem to be much discussion about last week's episode. It's finally tying plot threads together and we had some actual powered super-soldiers fighting it out. Admittedly they all had the same powerset, but beggars can't be choosers. I didn't actually see the twist coming either, which for a series that has been fairly formulaic in its plot structures and season structure, was a pleasant surprise. It wasn't a HOLEY MOLEY twist, but it was a nice enough one.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
The UK is up to the End of the Beginning episode on AoS, and the series is finally getting it together. The look of Deathlok isn't great, but it's still evolving. I am hoping they don't drag out the three current mysteries for too long. I'm glad I stuck with the series, it's certainly improved since the first couple of episodes.

e: Got the title wrong. Apparently the season finale is "Beginning of the End"

Milotic fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 21, 2014

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Turn, Turn, Turn aired in the UK this week - a fantastic episode. It does feel like all the plotlines built to no one being able to trust one another, which was great. It's been a slow burning start, but given the world changing events of Captain America 2, it's kinda expected that they were just treading water. Possibly they could have changed the original air date to result in fewer filler episodes.