Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Last episode of Flash question about Arrow:
Who was the woman in the coffee shop that had a moment with Oliver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Dacap posted:

TV mid-season finales Update!

On Flash: Looks like Dr Wells is the Reverse Flash and Firestorm has surprisingly great FX for TV. Also Reverse Flash has a costume ring!

Agents of SHIELD Skye is Daisy Johnson and her dad is Mr Hyde as suspected. The Obelisk/Diviner is actually a Terrigen Crystal which awakes her Inhuman earthquake powers. We get a cameo at the end from an Inhuman with no eyes. Raina's eyes turned yellow and she grew spikes, not sure if that's an existing Inhuman. Eyeless guy is Reader from the current series maybe?

Flash: Does that mean Dr Wells was so fast he could kick his own rear end and to the non-speedy make it look like 2 people? :psyduck:

e:
\/ brb reading Zoom's wiki

TheDK fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 10, 2014

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
He even reminded us, "I am the demons head". Bleh.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Legends of Tomorrow: Old Man Oliver was pretty cool. Everything else was pretty forgettable, though.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

zoux posted:

Also, I watched the first five episodes of Legion this weekend and oh baby that's good TV.
Its unreal how good Legion has been. The latest episode was so good it could've been a finale.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Inhumans looks cheesy and mildly interesting and I'll watch it for at least a few episodes. If only for Lockjaw.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I like Mae Whitman for the part honestly.
Her?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Maybe something will happen to Danny and Colleen will take up the Iron Fist mantle.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

The rumors were Marvel was really trying to get out of having to do iron Fist at all because they didn't have much for it.

When you seemingly don't want to show the dragon or K'un-Lun you're pretty limited.

"We already have Iron Man, why would we want a guy who only has an iron hand?"

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I'm still bothered by the fist not portraying a molten/flaming kind of look. Have just the finale left but definitely enjoying defenders.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
My understanding was that, somehow, Karnak is naturally able to discern the weakness in everything, as stated, and his only 'power' is the ability to leverage those weaknesses to his advantage.

I faintly recall something about him not going through terrigenisis.

Seems weird ultimately since he is nigh all-powerful.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

In case anyone was wondering but had dropped the show, this week's episode of The Gifted explained the whole von Strucker/Fenris Twins thing. Basically Reed, the dad character, goes and visits his father who explains that his father (Reed's grandfather) was Andreas von Strucker. Who, alongside his twin sister Andrea, were mutant terrorists in the 30s called Fenris. He then explains that he is also a mutant and the only reason Reed wasn't as well was because he engineered a virus for him when he was young that was supposed to disable his X-gene.

I am enjoying this show. This was a funny line from the last episode:

"Reed, a car is outside. I think it's Sentinel Services."
<looks out window>

that'll be a yup

e: also the Alt-J song was a nice touch

e2: also I'm still watching Flash and the latest stuff is getting pretty creepy.

TheDK fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 22, 2017

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Things I liked about Crisis on Earth X:
  • Eobard Thawne / Reverse Flash
  • Team-up fights
  • The adventures of Sara Lance

Things I did not like about Crisis on Earth X:
  • Stein This was done pretty well and got me emotional but sad to see him go
  • So much wedding poo poo oh my god The end with Felicity was especially lame
  • Anything related to Supergirl. I just can't get into it. I understand all of these shows are cheesy but Supergirl is on an entirely different level. I normally don't watch it.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I really like how they delt with Frank kissing Micro's wife. Micro got drunk, showed Frank his dick and called him a piece of poo poo. And that was it, he never tried to gently caress Frank over or any kind of revenge. It was nice to see
Concur. Micro was immediately positioned as a villain and then the viewer had to reconcile with him having: a) unknown/questionable motives and,
b) a family that paralleled frank's and could possibly be saved under the right circumstances.

I wasn't totally into Punisher until a few episodes in but then I was hooked HARD. I was very satisfied with it. Bernthal or whatever his name is did a great loving job.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Cyborg was never in the TT. :downswords:

I would like bumblebee and herald to show up.
Wasn't Cyborg sent to coach/babysit the TTs? Maybe that was just a cartoon or something.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

RevKrule posted:

Gifted's been renewed (official) for a second season and Runaways is in talks with unofficial word that it's a done deal for another season.

Both of these are positives for me.
Yeah Gifted has been awesome. I'm so-so on Runaways but if it means interesting stuff starts to happen more frequently then I guess that is a positive.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
There was a shot where the three of them were walking down a dark hallway towards the camera and it was very obviously three different girls. The head shapes gave it away. That was the only time I remember finding it hard to suspend disbelief.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Alright, Flash is back!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

This is truth.

Hell tune in for the great loving music if anything.
The music is great indeed. I hope we get to hear "Am I a Good Man" at some point.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I have not seen the Wasp/Ant-Man trailer yet but I've been having a good time with Flash this season. Call me crazy! Only disappointment this episode was no Killer Frost.

e: also another solid Black Lightning episode. It does have it weak points though... namely:
  • The villain seems like kind of a bitch
  • Come on, you killed the Reverend?
  • Not enough cool lightning action
Also I may be biased because I thought he could travel through lightning powers but I got that mixed up with Livewire from Supergirl and now I can't wait until he does that or I get upset that he never does that.

e2: music was solid again though not breathtaking

TheDK fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 31, 2018

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The music in the last BL episode was not great. The intro theme is pretty bad and having the same guy do most if not all of the music for an episode is also pretty bad.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
It got me wanting more which goes for something, but ultimately felt like the pilot was stretched into an entire season.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The latest episode of Arrow had some much needed confrontation between Oliver and Diggle.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Oh poo poo, someone's dealing in Supercool?!

Tittay!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

pubic works project posted:

I am really loving excited for Daredevil.

Yyyyyyyyup looks real good

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Are they all still murderers?

Look man, when he puts on the suit he just can't help it.

KEEP IT IN THE BOX, DICK.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I normally look forward to the CW shows (minus Supergirl) but they are getting pretty boring. Hopefully this cross-over event is cool.
  • Arrow - oh no, meet the new bow-person, same as the old bow-person
  • Flash - oh no, another speed person, and turns out they aren't new at all
Legends of Tomorrow is mildly entertaining, go figure.

Gifted is still keeping my attention, though Jace is the biggest baby-bitch antagonist ever.

Titans is where it's at now.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

That's a lot of poo poo I'm not clicking on.

In other news:

Bawm bawm bawm-bawm
BAWM bawm bA bawm
Bawm bawm bawm-bawm
BAWM bawm bA bawm

Titans was weird but I'm into it.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
So how about those Elseworlds

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

How many episodes of titans are left?

I think tonight's is the last one based on my google-fu.

e: and it was bonkers as poo poo. Wow. I don't even know what to think.

TheDK fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 23, 2018

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
That was indeed very strange and pulled the rug out from anyone that may have been excited for Hellfire Club.

Gifted needs more characters on the ends of the good/evil spectrum. Everyone can't be constantly fluctuating and trying to figure out where they stand. At least we need a few folks grounding us and providing an extreme relative to the rest of the cast. Mostly on the evil side.

I guess there is Reeva but even she balked at inside-out-girl's actions at the bank. And whatever twisty bullshit they are leading towards with her, I don't know.

I guess what I'm saying is, give me a spin-off with Caitlin Strucker as the main character please and thank you.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The Vandal Savage episode was pretty good.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I am also 4 episodes in and liking it despite not knowing anything about Umbrella Academy beforehand. I will say that in addition to the sub-plot you mentioned, I find anything to do with the Vanya character terribly boring.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

Arrow has officially jumped the shark. I can buy all the magical stuff, the amazing fighters, Diaz being invincible, but I cannot accept a tape hidden in a Rubik's cube that requires solving it a certain way without breaking it.

I too was more upset about that then I should've been. Also the line that immediately followed, "I think it's an audio cassette tape!"

:negative:

Why do I still watch this poo poo.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Wow, Arrow sucks. Did they do a whole episode without Green Arrow? Is any of the poo poo they are doing now supposed to invoke a response?

I'm kind of into older Dinah but just let the bombs blow up, please.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Alright, if you ain't already, it's time to use your free DC Universe time and binge Doom Patrol.

Agreed, the finale was fantastic

I want to spread you like the plague, Daddy

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I've been trying to convince Google for years that I'm "not interested in Kevin Smith" but it keeps pushing his poo poo onto my phone.

E: Rob Jefferson is a much better replacement.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

Oh I care. I care very much.

hell yeah something new to watch!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Jagermonster posted:

Remember that time in Falcon and Winter Soldier when Zemo found his iconic purple mask in a car and then later put it on to shoot two dudes and then it was just never mentioned or shown again. I wonder if they’re ever going to directly address that. Would be pretty funny if they didn’t.

It would've only added to Sharon's kill-count if he hadn't!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

TIL I'm a Skrull

Let's talk