Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

greatn posted:

Arrow and Agents of Shield

Ah, I watch via hulu, so I won't see Arrow til tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Dacap posted:

I wonder how badly Flash will be impacted if they do stuff like this when that movie is gearing up considering they've run through so much of his rogues gallery in just the first season so far.

That might be why they're running through the Rogues this way. Get those plot arcs done early so it won't be a blow to their plans for the future.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Dan Didio posted:

I don't think it should be applauded for the brilliance of lazily treading water with terrible episodes while it waited for it's cross-marketing promotion to become apparent.

But it's ok because SHIELD is gone forever, right?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Dan Didio posted:

Oh wow, two creepy retards hung up on me. Boy am I flattered.

Someone sure is salty that people remember hilariously stupid things they say.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Dan Didio posted:

The wi-fi must be excellent in the train museum for you to respond to me that quickly.

Says the man whose entire schtick is some kind of ur-autist shitposter.

At least Irish Joe is occasionally witty.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

HorseRenoir posted:

LET'S BE STUPID FOREVER

Indeed.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The spoiler embargo has been off Daredevil since Monday or is it for eternity in this thread?

Spoil everything, drink the tears.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

JacquelineDempsey posted:

"Let's savor this show!" I tell my boyfriend, regarding Daredevil. "It's so good. And we'll need something to tide us over after Flash and Arrow hit their finales in a few weeks." We'd been watching one episode a day.
... until we binged episodes 7 through 13 today. :negative: We simply could not stop watching, it was so drat good. And I'm a DC gal whose knowledge of Daredevil is mostly derived from being an Elektra fan back in the day. All I knew was DD's origin, and that Kingpin was some guy who didn't look like he could fit through an average door. So it's not fandom speaking, here, just appreciation for a really good comics-based show.

Also, it feels like I'm the only person itt still watching Powers, which should tell me something. But by the end of this week's ep, I hoped that kid Crispin gets some kind of comeuppance. Kid lost his dad and then inadvertently killed his mom by being a dumbass, and I still want him to suffer. God I hate him. Actually, I don't like anyone on that show. What an unlikeable cast of characters.

I still watch Powers, and I've been loving it in spite of the flaws.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I admit, this last episode was a step up from last week's, wherein the teenage love triangle drama smacked of Smallville's most annoying moments. I could do without anything about the Crispin and Chaotic Chick plotline. Maybe it's just 'cause I'm old, and prefer the plot lines about aging, retired heroes than "gently caress you mom for trying to make a living as a single parent!"

I liked the dynamic shifting between Walker and Royalle, maybe because they're the only characters I've grown to care about. Johnny especially, I have enjoyed how he originally came off like creepy pedo dude; now he seems like a guy whose heart's in the right place, but his methods are off. Neat character development.

Yeah, I gotta say johnny and wulfe are probably my favorites. But I think almost the entire cast is pretty solid, even callista.

The speech retro girl made about her looks being literally dissected and analyzed inch by inch whenever she wears her supersuit was a great monologue (and topical).

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ToastyPotato posted:

They should resolve the coming darkness plot first if they were coming back. They could easily kill Zed during that plot, or get rid of her some other way if everyone hated her that much. Apparently they had Doctor Fate stuff planned for the second half of the first season as well. :(

It would be funny and cool if they literally just opened the first episode exactly the same as the old show, with John in the institution, the Coming Darkness was resolved off screen, and everyone but john died leaving him free to do whatever. It would be a fun opening and a nice meta-commentary on the old show being rebooted. Similar to how the events of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie are obliquely alluded to in episode one of the series.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Just watched the pilot, I thought it was pretty good. I didn't like everything, but there was enough stuff that I did like that it didn't take away any enjoyment, good enough to keep me watching, anyway.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

MikeJF posted:

At this point I'm almost wondering if they realised how much they screwed up with the trailer and leaked as damage control, knowing the actual episode would get better buzz. :tinfoil:

Look no further than the Flash and Constantine leaks last year.

They were worried about a spinoff of Arrow with a completely different tone?
Boom. Leaked pilot got and sustained massive hype that carried through the rockier bits of the first few episodes.

Constantine, they got bssically a huge test audience, canned the original lead lady and replaced her (not necessarily for the better, buuuut....)

So yeah, I think they're paying a lot of attention to how this leak is recieved.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

redbackground posted:

Not Greek, but I am a big fan of Sofia Boutella as an option.

She's got my vote. Probably my favorite person from Kingsmen, even next to Samuel L Jackson with a lisp.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Whizbang posted:

So it's just any woman not wearing pants?

Beware of greeks bearing gifts...

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ufarn posted:

Hayley Atwell's Civil War Dub Smash feud is the best.

Yeah, it seemed like Clark Gregg won it, but then she just unleashed the nuke.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Powers isnt good, exactly. But I still really enjoyed it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

GLOSS posted:

The Arrow/Constantine crossover is actually happening

Must be news dropping day for the CW shows...

gently caress yes. Im hype.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Gaz-L posted:

There's always Powers! :haw:

Powers was cool and good.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Skwirl posted:

Tony would be the Sam Malone, I don't know who would be Norm, but Hawkeye would definitely be the Cliff

If Hawkeye is Cliff, then Banner would have to be Norm.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Mortanis posted:

I think Rudy looks the part perfectly. I can't imagine this actually being good, but I'm still looking forward t it.

Same.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
See, I don't care if they have to triple the truckloads of money for him, or have to wheel out the lamest deus ex machinas to explain him being there, I want RDJ to be iron man in everything forever.
Dude is too fuckin cool.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Judge Dig

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Scyantific posted:

Something something nth metal is lightweight like aluminum but strong like titanium.

Titanium isn't actually that strong. Like, yeah it's about equal to steel, but the draw is that it has that strength in a much lighter package. It's not irl adamantium or anything.
:science:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

qntm posted:

Steel "isn't actually that strong"? Jeepers.

Steel is strong, but its a common every day metal, not some magical sci-fi 'does anything' material.
Titanium is just steel that's really lightweight.

It's just funny that it gets used in fiction as a super metal.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Whizbang posted:

Jet fuel can't melt Nth metal beams!

Speed Forces melts everything.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
So he was Jesse Custer from Preacher before he got MAXed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
They will both be equally good or bad, but because LoT is targetted specifically at dudes who are nerds, it will be judged less harshly than SG.