Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

giving Bullseye actual powers would be a shameful deviation from canon that would be absolutely unacceptable for an official property, it is integral to the character that he be the most inexplicable human being on earth in terms of ability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Amusingly enough most of Magneto’s crew from Last Stand (Porcupine Boy, Blurry Fast Lady etc.) could probably be done on a tv budget now.

the third one that never spoke or really did anything was Psylocke lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

They also just create new characters to avoid paying the creator of an older one. That's why there's like fifteen black guys with electricity powers.

alright where's that old Edge & Christian post

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

those two things were exactly what i had in mind while writing that lol

the writer for the series was the guy who did the anime madoka, and has apparently done some other uhh questionable material so the idea that he did it that way intentionally makes sense, but imo doing so wasnt clever it just made the movies worse

you've just summarized all of that dude's work

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the Batman Telltale Series has a really good Joker

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh i just meant performance wise, the way his story played out was pretty clearly On The Rail and the Catwoman thing Dawgstar mentioned is the worst

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Barry Convex posted:

Spider-Man TV spinoffs are coming as part of a new overall deal Phil Lord and Chris Miller signed with Sony. Probably (hopefully?) just animated, but who knows. https://deadline.com/2019/04/phil-lord-chris-miller-mega-deal-sony-pictures-tv-spider-man-universe-tv-series-1202603847/

I thought Marvel Animation had the Spider-Man rights, but I dunno exactly how it's structured

*looks around frantically to make sure I'm the first person to tell this joke*

THE CLONE HIGH SAGA

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

zoux posted:

Time to permanently glue a purple ski mask to your face with Adhesive X

they better not cover up Daniel Bruhl's face goddamnit

my only actual request of the MCU is to put him and Chris Hemsworth in another movie together and that seems like it's never happening

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Ehh, I like both actors but Rush wasn't really that good.

what the gently caress

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I had to Google to realize Daniel Bruhl had ever been in a film with Hemsworth before, but I'm willing to admit Rush is probably better than Thor 2 and the first two Avengers films. Haven't seen Ghostbusters or MiB: International.

I'm honestly surprised people remember Rush exists.

People remember it exists because its a really good movie with a particularly standout performance from Bruhl who nailed Niki Lauda's appearance and mannerisms to an impressive degree.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

All of that might be true except the first four words. This is the first time I've been reminded it existed since it came out. I'm American, so maybe it had a bigger impact on the parts of the world that give it poo poo about F1?

I showed it to two of my friends who had absolutely no interest in F1 and they both enjoyed it and got in to the stories of James Hunt and Niki Lauda.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

As professional as he is, hiring Taskmaster to train your new Captain America is just begging for a Jade Empire twist

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he isn't, i think Jim Valentino just hosed up and assumed he was.

his true backstory is that he was a normal human born with a photographic reflexes, and later volunteered for a Hydra version of the Super Soldier Serum that gave him the ability to instantly memorize motor skills at the cost of his actual memory.

Alaois fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 30, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah he's not very public about it (or anything anymore, really) but from what little he's said and what can be surmised he and his family left Scientology and are now more or less living in seclusion because of it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I didn't see X-Men Evolution first run but I'm kind of enjoying it by episode 11. Goth Rogue is great, even as the show's dialogue edges toward the cringe. I'm not surprised Spyke didn't exactly become a breakout star.

The first season is definitely the roughest part of the show, it finds its footing in season 2 and by the time Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost start writing for it, it becomes a really really good show.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

donal logue burned down black churches in the south, hosed up but true

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

:geno:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

And Gavin Rossdale!

and Gavin Rossdale's teeth!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jared leto is a bad actor, a worse person and somehow even worse than both at being a musician

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there were things in Requiem for a Dream other than shots ripped off from Satoshi Kon and that guy saying rear end TO rear end?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Well gently caress that example then, who cares. He's been fine in other stuff. He's still an absolute trash person who is most likely a kid diddler and is a confirmed cult leader at the very least. I don't think he should be in anything or anyone should pay to see him in anything, even if when he is in stuff he is sometimes good. That's all I'm saying. You don't gotta say he's across the board terrible at his job cause he's a bad person. Or, if you do, Thirty Seconds to Mars is right there.

I tried to make the Thirty Seconds to Mars joke at the very start of this discussion and nobody picked it up

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

at a meta level Pietro's costume is the traditional Quicksilver costume from when him, Scarlet Witch and Vision were all on The Avengers together.

Also Vision's "costume" is absolutely not a luchador costume, they always wore full face masks, they didn't paint their face outside of maybe some eyeliner.

not every luchador is an enmascarado. there are a lot that wear facepaint, like the clown Pagano, or Chessman.

Alaois fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 13, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I'm not an expert on luchadors, but I watched a bunch of the films and they'd have wrestlers in business suits wearing the full face mask because the mask was the identity. But if face paint was also a large part of it it I will defer to your expertise.

you saw El Santo and/or Mil Mascaras movies

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Probably. What other movies should I watch, those were pretty awesome.

did you see Mil Mascaras vs The Aztec Mummy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its great because he could also portray Batroc as a friendly, soft-spoken gentleman as well as a man who kicks very well and very hard

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

selene and the rest of the externals got turned into a gate

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Sinister's mutant genome database is the entire reason that the mutant resurrection protocols exist, that's why they let him on the island and act important

Deadpool is Deadpool.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

why hasn't forge done his own version yet

forge is very busy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

We should probably move this to the X-thread, but was the gym bunny stuff always part of Forge's character?

well consider his outfit when he debuted

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Which college is on Staton Island again?

Wagner

and CSI, which is a CUNY school

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

emilio estevez's dad is joe estevez, you can't trick me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Daniel Brühl is an incredible actor

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lol he looks like the guy who played Guy Gardner in the 1997 television pilot movie for Justice League of America

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

How Wonderful! posted:

Man I think this wiki article very much oversells how hard it is to get into Rutgers.

the 616 is an alternate universe where Rutgers actually is an Ivy League school, instead of just bragging about how they were totally invited into the Ivy League but turned it down

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

e: nevermind i misread this post

Alaois fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 26, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

somehow i think disney can get by without adapting Pete Wisdom

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jamesman posted:

Uhh... OK? If we're getting a continuation of an old X-Men cartoon series, I woulda preferred Wolverine & the X-men, but I guess we'll see where they intend to go with this.

wolverine & the x-men doesn't get nostalgia subscriptions from 35 year olds

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Maybe Colin Ferguson?

(apologies to all 7 Eureka fans out there)

...the Long Island Railroad shooter?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That tweet's cited source is a twitter account that doesnt exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I think they deleted their twitter because they might get in trouble for saying that. A google search links to that same account and has cached info about them being a VFX artist and there's an IMDB page for a Sean Ruecroft showing they did VFX for several Marvel projects including Moon Knight.

lmao if Culture Crave completely blew up that guys spot