Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Given the ages of Mary/Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch, a civil war that the U.S. intervened in with Stark weapons, and it's made up location in Eurasia, it seems like they have decided to really lean into "Sokovia = Yugoslavia."

Maybe they can untether future MCU Magneto's origin from WW2 and move it to the late 90's Sokovia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

So Wanda's trapped in some sort of sit-com hell dimension?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

It's not going to be "Wanda did it" because 1) the showrunner wrote Captain Marvel and Black Widow movies and can probably to be trusted to not assassinate Wanda's character like some trashy comic book and 2) that's the obvious misdirection answer they give you half way through an ongoing mystery.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I'd say that taking a beloved hero character and turning them into a straight up mind-raping villain is as heavy handed as you can get in terms of character assassination. Just because Wanda did terrible things in the comics and had very questionable story lines does not justify repeating them on a more prestige format where you can and should be more selective and aware of the implications of what you're presenting to audiences.

Besides, creating a whole TV series just to turn Wanda into a villain seems awfully bizarre and pointless. Victims of abuse turning into an abuser themselves is not empowering.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I doubt he's truly Fox Quicksilver as well. My current theory is that he's the Mephisto or whatever character and the awesome stunt casting is a meta-gag to throw the audience for a loop. It's certainly been an entertaining twist on a meta level!

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I just want more Emma Caulfield on my TV.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

So which character is secretly Mephisto? Rhodey was looking kinda shifty.

Fat Winter Solider was p.cool. Coming off Wandavision with all the mystery and fantasy elements, I thought I was going to be bored with more grounded material, but instead was very pleasantly surprised and immediately invested.
It seems really hard to swallow that Sam as a (former?) Avenger has literally no money or assets to speak of, but the story line has real modern relevance so I'll let that slide. Now every online nerd is going to be running spreadsheets calculating just how each Avenger manages to make a living and if they potentially qualify for Biden bux this year. Is there no stimulus check for Blip people?

With only 6 episodes, the pacing seemed rather TV slow. 1 episode down and Sam and Bucky are not even married yet and we haven't even seen a glimpse of Sharon or Zemo. It doesn't feel like there is a lot of runway here.

I guess the Avengers don't exist anymore? It makes sense considering everyone dead or MIA. But your planet just got decimated by aliens, you would think doubling down on the Avengers initiative as a planetary defense mechanism would be quite popular with the voters. No, one faux Cap doesn't cut it.

Bucky's plot with the old man just has tragedy time bomb written all over and it. And it already makes me want to cry.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

good explanation

Thank you. That makes more sense now and I'll recant my original complaint. I still reserve the right to run the numbers on Vision's assets and liabilities and question whether he can put his own body up as collateral on a loan.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

How does anyone have toilet paper?

Maybe if WandaVision put more effort into showing Wanda conjuring up toilet paper for all the residents amid a global shortage, then framing her as a hero would have made more sense.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Maybe it's the Jurassic Park DNA cartoon character but for Time?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Why couldn't Netflix shows just fit into the MCU? That's what they were originally designed to do. They were relatively self-contained and didn't rock any boats globally or universe wise.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I'm dying for some MCU X-Men but I can't envision how they should go about it. It's daunting really. Do they just do they just go for a singular X-Men team film series for now before branching out? Or do you try to branch out with a couple of different teams and film series all at once? X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, etc to build towards a crossover event. Do you try to build your Avengers level film on say the most popular stories like Phoenix Saga that has already been done? Or do you forget all that go for untouched ground like AoA? X-Men just feels so immensely complicated to serve up the kind of MCU style stories that the fan are going to expect out of it. They have potential to easily eclipse the Avengers in popularity once they start firing on all cylinders.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

As someone who could care less about Moon Knight, the trailer got me interested. So it did its job I guess. Costume looks good for a fairly straightforward adaptation.

Still wondering what is Marvel's long term plan for all these new TV characters.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Skwirl posted:

It's gonna be really funny when the new Dr. Strange movie comes out and they don't acknowledge America Chavez being bisexual at all.

For what it's worth for speculation atm, the action figure has a rainbow pride patch on her jacket.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Last episode was pretty post-Claremonte. Emma atleast showed up again. Here's hoping she gets expanded upon, maybe even joins the team. This attack on Genosha in the comics is how she gets her diamond powers interesting enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I can't imagine they went to the convoluted trouble of giving Emma diamond powers if they didn't have some plans to use her. She's arguably the biggest post-Claremont X-character and they are trying to move into that territory. I could see her joining the team to have an abrasive rivalry with Jean to replace the usual Scott/Logan friction. Or she could replace Jean as the team telepath in season 2 after a heroic sacrifice on Jean's part.

But then again, they did seemingly kill off Maddie rather abruptly after surprisingly teasing her as an ongoing recurring.