Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I'm going to take the controversial action and watch the show and judge it for myself that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hey guys. The Hawkeye show is good. Kate is the best Hawkeye.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

For anyone interested you can buy the whole Fraction/Aja run on comixology for about 7 dollars. Digital comics.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Instead of making Kate the daughter of Clint, they should make her a love interest. Clint gets a letter in the mail and he finds out that his long lost mother has died, and left him billions of dollars and a castle in a small European country no one has heard of. The only catch is to get the inheritance, he has to marry the stuck up, christmas hating princess of the nation. Clint has to be sneaky to not let his American family know about the princess, so he says that he has to travel to Europe to find Natasha's vest. You won't believe the hijinx that ensue. Clint discovers that she is an amazing archer, and he slowly falls in love with her. He has to choose between his family, and this new love and the money. WHAT WILL HE DO? How will 'ol Clint get out of this pickle?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

And then tears in his eyes, Clint is forced to beat her to death.

Well of course.

I forgot to mention that Hailee Stienfeld is out, Melissa Joan Hart is in. She's more age appropriate for Clint.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm enjoying the low stakes street-level hangout feel of Hawkeye so far, and I don't find Kate annoying at all :shrug: I also really liked the relationship between Hawkeye and his wife, no drama just "drat it sucks you have to deal with that poo poo but you got this".

That LARP scene was cringy as gently caress tho

How would one make a LARP scene anything but?

Really looking forward to the next ep.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Hawkeye ep 3: So the large man who was with Echo's dad was D'Onofrio Kingpin, yeah?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Why would you include one at all?

Where else was he supposed to find a nerd who stole his costume to cosplay in?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/simuliu/status/1467957219387797504?s=21

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Gaz-L posted:

I think they needed to make it clearer earlier that it was a Black Widow attacking Clint. Or maybe swap it so Kate and Yelena are fighting in the apartment and Clint's fighting Echo on the roof.

I felt like it was obvious, but then again I knew she was going to be showing up. I imagine it wasn’t clear for those who hadn’t seen Black Widow or followed the show news.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

BrianWilly posted:

That reveal at the end was so poorly-executed and anti-climactic that I've made it my life's mission to make sure the directors never find work again. I will probably fail at this mission.

But. buuuuut.

Yelena's scene was so great that it made it all worthwhile. :allears:

I still got excited and grinned like a child. Hello, I’m over 40.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Good finale. I can't wait for more from these characters, though its too bad Kingpin is 100% dead and not coming back for the Echo show.

Question; does anyone know if the upcoming Echo show will be the first show to have a deaf actor as it's lead?

Edit: I don't normally nitpick things, I enjoy enjoying stuff but damnit Kate don't put a label on the arrow fletiching, it won't fly right!

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 22, 2021

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Gaz-L posted:

Nope, Sue Thomas:FBEye had a deaf actor in the title role.

Hey, thats pretty cool. I think I will check it out.

Well maybe not.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Gaz-L posted:

It used to run on the UK version of like Hallmark and my mum would watch it.
Echo may be the first show with the lead actress speaking mainly in ASL, though.(The lady who played Sue spoke English most of the time)

The ASL part might be true. Pretty cool to have a lead actress using ASL if you ask me.

Now that I think about it, I'm sure Marlee Matlin had a show at some point. She tends to mix between english and ASL.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

A brief googling is unclear.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

Maya killing Fisk surprised the heck out of me but also makes sense. Daredevil S3 kinda put a bow on that character. It makes sense he would be done. Of course, I say that like I won't miss him. D'Onofrio was just loving fantastic. Even in this one episode performance. The way his eye tics for the entire conversation with Eleanor and then builds and builds until he's full Kingpin fighting Kate.

Hawkeye was quite good.

There’s a zero % chance he’s dead. No body, no death.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 22, 2021

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

My google skills are weak, does anyone know where to find big res versions of the Hawkeye character posters? I’m trying to use one for an Xbox profile pic, but it tells me all the ones I’ve found are too small.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Peacemaker is fun every week. I think this Cena fella might have a future in Hollyweird.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I'm easy to please. I like liking things. Driving a Civic or a Aventador can both be fun, but they really aren't in the same categories even though they're both cars.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

On the other hand, Gregg Clark can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I AM GRANDO posted:

Has it always been the case that advertisers can’t use the words “super bowl” when describing their commercials? I feel like I’ve seen “the big game” used a million times this year, but I don’t remember seeing that phrase before.

If the NFL spent half the energy they use to protect copyright, to prevent CTE it would be a thing of the past.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I am so hyped for Pecemaker season 2. Gunn killed the finale.

I can’t wait to see Snyder bros having a fit.

Edit: tags just in case

Oh drat I found a guy who's claiming Gunn is racist because Cyborg wasn't in that scene. This dude is nuts. Hilarious though.

[

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 17, 2022

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Davros1 posted:

poo poo, so many people are already having a fit that it's trending.

Awesome. This is why I love the internet.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

ruddiger posted:

Thanks for the spoiler pic.

That’s hidden on desktop. Sorry I’ll fix it.

Is there a reason desktop and mobile see spoiler tags differently? I always double check before posting. gently caress.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 17, 2022

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

Stop quoting that idiot's post with spoilers

Y'all need to edit them too, the forum doesn't change quote posts automatically.

It looks like this for me BTW:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

As long as Kamala’s personality is the same, I don’t care if the powers are different. I don’t like her because she’s stretchy, I like her because she’s a kind and earnest fangirl who wants to help her community.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Because of you guys I’m now on episode 5 of Riverdale and shits ridiculous already.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I am completely certain that I could rewatch F&TWS and I would be unable to tell what changed without the help of the internet. Maybe I don't pay too close attention when I watch.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Oh! I enjoyed the first episode of Moon Knight. Felt just like one of the books, a lot of them seem to start with WTF is going on.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Good thing the internet freaked out about it. I’m looking at you Twitter!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

There’s a QR code on the wall of the museum in a Moon Knight and apparently it leads to a digital copy of his first appearance. Werewolf by Night whatever.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

It’s been attributed to Stan Lee (at least in my quick search) the idea that “every comic book is someone’s first” and I have to remind myself of that idea with shows and movies. Of course we know more about Moon Knight or T. O. Morrow or Frog Man compared to most, but I think more people would be alienated if shows and movies didn’t take some time to explain or keep a mystery.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Skwirl posted:

I think "every comic is someone's first" was a Jim Shooter thing in the 80s

That’s what I was thinking but when I googled it the phrase was referred to as “the Stan Lee principal” But since it’s the internet I was doubtful

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Y’all, I like Moon Knight.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Moon Knight hasn’t cut off a single villain’s face, this show sucks

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

He isn’t even friends with a tiger woman! WTF

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I REALLY want to her Isaac’s Bronx accent. If they hadn’t made Steven British I’d have really enjoyed cockney or roadman for Jake.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

Spoiled viewers that a "pretty good" show is getting lambasted. You weren't there when all we had was Smallville.

Right?

It’s ok to not like something, but we are in a golden age of comic TV and even the most disappointing shows are still better than what we had back then.

It’s not required watching, if y’all don’t enjoy it don’t watch. I don’t think Kevin Feige won’t have you killed for not tuning in.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Batman: The Animated Series is thirty years old

And Batman is over 50… Definitely an outlier.

I’m talking about Mutant X type shows

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Now that is a blast from the past, holy poo poo.

It’s right up there with Nightman on the list of awful 90s shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Just goes to show that us REAL fans don’t want “woke” characters like women and non white women at that! Get woke, go broke DC! Now let Zach Snyder take over the TV department and #RestoreTheSnyderverse on WB!