Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Legends of Tomorrow is a goddamned gift. I fell off watching the rest of the Arrowverse shows, but I will watch Legends live over the air. And yesterday, I wasn't really feeling Groundhog's Day, so I re-watched their time loop episode. That was a great decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

I think X-Men Quicksilver showing up is to tell us two things:

-Reinforces the idea that she can't resurrect the dead. Since she can't resurrect the dead, an alive Quicksilver got pulled from the multiverse.
-Shows us that a lot of what she's controlling is not through conscious thought. When she was telling her kids about her brother, you could practically hear Wanda think, "I wish he was here." Which, as mentioned above, since it couldn't be done through resurrection, A Quicksilver got plucked from somewhere else.

Which, circling back to the "is she evil?" conversation, I think I'm assuming that while this is mostly her fault, she's not really in control of most of it if her subconscious thoughts leads to pulling someone out of the multiverse. Which at least does open up a path towards her not being a full blown villain.

WaffleZombie fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 10, 2021

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Huh, I wonder if the witness protection guy is Agnes's husband? Like, he's in hiding in the real world, so he's also in hiding/not seen in the Hex.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

One subtle touch that I appreciated: SWORD thinking that there is no longer a broadcast signal. Since the Hex moved into the 2000s, it would make sense that they couldn't pick it up on the old tube TVs they had been using. In the 2000s, they moved to HD signals so they could still be "broadcasting", but SWORD just didn't think to change up what they were looking for.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Loki speculation

Spoiler in case i'm on to something
maybe every variant that get pruned gets shunted to a place where all the variants of yourself end up. Like "Planet Loki" or something.

I was thinking it was a little more broad than that and that ALL variants and all the pruned timelines get mashed into this one place. And they made sure a broken down Avengers tower was nice and visible in the background of that mid-credits scene, so that's probably gonna lead to something.

I also had a nice lol at the comically unsubtle, "oh hey, vampires exist in the MCU!

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

I also enjoyed What If..., with only one minor complaint: given that Steve fell off the train instead of Bucky, I was hoping this would ripple out to Steve becoming the Winter Soldier. I guess it's not impossible they go that route in a future continuation, but there didn't seem to be any indication that Steve was experimented on to hang that on.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

See, I like that. That would have been the predictable, by the numbers path but Zola's in SHIELD custody so he's not there to conduct the experiments. And without him I guess Skull is less interested in converting the Tesseract into tech and weaponry and instead just jumps right into crazier ideas. It kept me guessing and I wasn't really expecting that.

Ah, you're right, I missed the detail about Zola not being around. And yes, avoiding predicability is nice, but the idea of Cap 2, but with Peggy as Cap and Steve as the Winter Soldier seems like something that would be cool to explore.

Is tomorrow supposed to be the T'Challa/Star Lord episode?

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Lobok posted:

Marvel has been dropping series' announcements and confirmations with logos for the past half hour or so.

Secret Invasion
Marvel Zombies (animated)
Agatha
Ironheart
I Am Groot (animated)
Spider-Man: Freshman Year (animated)
Echo
What If...? season 2
Ms. Marvel
She-Hulk (though it looks like She/Hulk, clever)
Moon Knight
X-Men '97

The Disney+ video also includes Armor Wars, the Guardians Holiday Special, and Loki Season 2.

So I'm guessing next years release schedule might go:
Late January - Moon Knight
Mid March - She Hulk
June/July - Ms. Marvel
September - What If Season 2
November - Secret Invasion
December - Guardians Holiday Special
Maybe throw in I Am Groot, as that was announced a while ago, and I assume the rest will be 2023.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Do we have any idea when Secret Invasion is gonna shoot? Or where?

It started filming last month:
https://www.cbr.com/secret-invasion-sam-jackson-filming-underway/

No idea where, though.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

I'm apparently in the minority, but I enjoyed the Beebo Christmas special. Maybe it helped that I read the AV Club article beforehand about how it was mostly a sincere holiday special, so my expectations were adjusted accordingly. But the opening song was catchy, I laughed a couple of times, and it had a decent message. Mostly though, I was in awe that this weird thing - a spin off Christmas special of a superhero show that nobody watches, based off a toy that doesn't actually exist - somehow came into being.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

I guess there wasn't any mention of that Werewolf by night Halloween special? I don't think it has ever officially been announced, but I assumed they would talk about it, at least a little bit.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

That's a pleasant surprise. It's been so long, I just assumed it was cancelled.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Medullah posted:

Man can you blame him? Hey honey, I saw that new Ana De Armas movie. You know what to do.

Um, are we even sure about that? It's just one scene, but the audience sees her in her Skrull form, and he doesn't. Yes, he could be married to a Skrull, but he could also be married to a human that has been replaced by a Skrull. Did I miss something that defined that one way or the other?

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

AngryBooch posted:

Secret Invasion Ep 2 stuff -

I believe that's the same skrull woman who brought kid Gravik in at the beginning of the episode. They've known each other for quite some time. I think Fury knows she's a skrull. It's understandable that she would feel comfortable enough to hang out in her true form in her home, but switch to her human form whenever she hears somebody come in. If she were an infiltrator? She'd probably stay in human form 100% of the time.

Ah, thanks for that clarification, I definitely missed that connection. Yeah, that eliminates that possibility. UNLESSSSSS they go with the really dumb twist that his wife is a Skrull buuuut she's a different Skrull disguised as his Skrull wife! (yeah, that's really dumb, sorry for making you read this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Well holy poo poo they sure did it.

Between knowing where the episode was set, and seeing this post and the two above it, I knew what was coming. And yet, it was somehow worse than I imagined. Jeez.