Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

muscles like this? posted:

Plastique:is going to get her powers from the same accident as the Flash but she is hunted by the US Government for her ability to turn anything she touches into a bomb.

Reminds me of Gunfire from Hitman 1,000,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I don't know, Catwoman was intended to at least be somewhat cheesy. And look at it from inside the movie - if you were an observer, one is a chick with super fancy moves...the other is a BLIND MAN jumping around and dancing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

I would like a list of everything that has crossed over with each other to water down content enough for this to be a legitimate complaint, because other than Law and Order, NCIS and CSI spin offs, all I can come up with is the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

It was mentioned a while ago, but every show out there pretty much is in a shared universe

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I really want to like Gotham, because I love Donal Logue. The basic premise of the "one good cop amongst the corrupt" is a simple concept and could work really well...but yeah, they need to drop the Batman crap ASAP.

"Hi, I'm going to become Poison Ivy. In case you didn't get that from my red hair and name of Ivy, here's me stroking a plant. Because, as I said, I'm Poison Ivy and I like plants."

"I'm going to become Catwoman. See me standing like a cat? It's because I will eventually become a woman...who likes cats."

I do like tall Penguin though...he's got some potential.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

redbackground posted:

Telling the single oldest joke in the book, too. (to wild laughter)

Hey, to be fair, I laughed my rear end off at that joke when it was a Deep Thought by Jack Handey.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dacap posted:

Gotham update: Jim Gordon and Bullock just got beat up by an elderly man jacked up on Bane Venom

Was there a young lad wearing a fancy coat who watched it happen?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Madkal posted:

In episode two of Flash the female STAR employee said that her boyfriend, Ronnie, was killed in the storm. I was wondering if that could be a hint towards Ronnie Raymond or not. Also Prof. Stein has been cast.

I'm not a DC person, but isn't the female STAR employee Caitlan Snow Killer Frost in the comics?

Edit - Just read Wikipedia. I get it now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

greatn posted:

Oh well that'd be ok actually. Though I'd think kind of expensive.

In this universe, Krypton looks suspiciously like Vancouver.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gavok posted:

Speaking of which, Skye offhand mentioned having a hacker acquaintance named Micro who is really into crime scene photos. That made me grin.

Yeah I wish Gotham would learn from AoS' "subtle" comic book references. Though it's not as bad as it was in the pilot with Kid Ivy...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Murder takes place in a funhouse, Harvey shows up, funhouse mirror briefly shows half his face distorted.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah, I'm a huge Hellblazer fan, and I like the show....but I also accept that it's pretty much just seen as a Supernatural/Grimm ripoff. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

We all just WISH it would be HBO. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

zoux posted:

the huge fake tits.

Loooks like Power Girl is being brought to TV!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

Haha, what? Vinnie Jones is in Arrow now? I know technically he's been acting as long as he played football but it never stops weirding me out whenever he pops up in something. From the man who crushed Gazza's balls in his hand to primetime US television. :psyduck:

He's also a main character on Galavant, a musical show about a knight on ABC.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

If I was doing an Xmen TV series, I'd do like a New Mutants series. Something self contained with a younger cast that is equal superhero show and school show.

Though I admit I just want to see Cannonball, Sunspot and Magik on screen.

I'm nigh invulnerable while i'm blastin'!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm just glad Rick Astley is still getting work.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

catlord posted:

I'm trying to catch up on Gotham, because the midseason finale kinda killed the momentum, and I have to say, I find it amazing how, in a series with mob bosses jockeying for position, corrupt cops, serial killers and assorted lunatics, Barbara is the absolute worst, least likeable character in the entire show. I'm enjoying just about everything else well enough, but drat. I dunno, I'm only on the second part of the Gordon at Arkham bit (What the Little Bird Told Him?), so I guess maybe she gets better. But I seriously doubt it.

She gets better for quite a few episodes!

She's not in quite a few episodes

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

cultureulterior posted:

In re Lucifer-

On the plus side, Mazikeen, and the piano bar is in- but there's also a cop and a CUTE KID?
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/09/ive-just-read-lucifer-pilot-cop-show-cute-kid/

Oh good adding a cute kid has never ruined anything. Everyone's favorite part of Iron Man 3 was the spunky young go getting lad.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Because she's drawn by Amanda Conner.

Also, it's an orange woman with bootie shorts.

Not really THAT unusual in the days of tanning lotion though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

zoux posted:

In a stroke of inspired casting, Rudy from Misfits is cast as Cassidy in AMC's Preacher. It's basically perfect.

Holy crap that makes me so happy. When he was introduced on Misfits I said "Oh man, if they make a Preacher movie he's totally gotta be Cassidy."

Now they just need to get Lance Henriksen as the Saint and I can collect my casting royalties.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The best thing about Forever Knight is the original pilot starred none other than Rick Springfield

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

They just need to be careful with the stunts. I've been concerned about Ryan since Heath Ledger and Paul Walker passed.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

A big part of Danny Rand's character is he's a spoiled rich white kid who is viewed as an outsider and told that he doesn't belong in the places he frequents most: K'un-Lun and Harlem.

For whatever reason when I quickly glanced at this post I read it as Har'lem.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

He dropped out.

Okay, then I'll settle for Seth Green doing his Statham impression from the Italian Job

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Soylentbits posted:

As is the Jessica Jones part.

I'm just so nervous for this drat series. I absolutely love Alias and her appearances in Daredevil here and there, but it's going to be so hard to make it work. I'm actually glad they're going with just Jessica Jones, instead of something like "Jessica Jones, Super PI" or "Fallen Hero"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Apparently Oliver isn't the only one getting a new costume as they're finally giving Diggle something to wear during action. Its being described as "leather jacket, gloves and a crime fighting helmet."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Wait is that real? That's amazing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Uh, the pits???

Recuperative nanotechnology.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha for a second there I thought that was Guillermo Díaz from Scandal.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

e X posted:

So, apparently the Lucifer pilot 'leaked'.

What a shocker that's never happened before so studios could gauge reactions and recast roles as needed.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

"Okay, okay, fine. I know you're a big Mega Man fan but come on..."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Please be good please be good please be good look I know it won't be but come on please please please

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

It'll be a running gag where the mace gets bigger with every shot.

No but you know that there's going to be a joke where a mugger is robbing someone, and she appears and says "I wouldn't do that if I were you!" and the mugger says "Awww is the lil' girl gonna hit me with some mace?" and then she pulls out her actual mace and hits him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey in Smallville they made superman's buddy Pete a black guy and on Supergirl they made superman's buddy Jimmy Olsen black so it's exactly the same

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did or didn't Moore say he'd seen and liked Saturday Morning Watchmen, or was it just Dave Gibbons?

Man I'd forgotten all about that. Thank you for reminding me. Love it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

notthegoatseguy posted:

Video is set to private. drat, someone must've caught it quit.

It's mirrored here - http://entertaintheidea.com/post/131021116408/father-why-do-i-still-feel-guilty-beg-and-watch

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Madkal posted:

I really liked Constantine in last night's episode but I thought the whole "been on the island with Oliver thing" felt forced. I would have preferred it if Oliver could have just known John for some unexplained reason instead of shoehorning him into the whole flashback sequence.
One thing that it did get me wishing, though it will never ever come true, was to have Constantine pop up in all the DC shows as a cameo just because. Have him show up in Gotham to help Gordon solve a bunch of ritual murders. Have him show up in Supergirl to help her when she finds out about her vulnerability to magic. Have him show up in iZombie because why the gently caress not. Have him show up in Flash to deal with some magic threat or whatever.

I agree completely about him being shoehorned into the island. I groaned when I saw the blonde hair. I was hoping he'd end up strolling into the city because he sensed Sarah's revival, and after the mandatory hero vs hero fight he'd help restore her soul. Instead we got Deus Ex Constantina. But I got another episode of Hellblazer so I'm happy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

I believe the logic is that if you see Green Arrow or Speedy (usually) arrow someone in the upper-body, it's a 'non-fatal shoulder wound', and Black Canary just clubs guys with her nightstick. No idea what the logic is for Dig, though.

Digg doesn't kill, just like Batman.

https://youtu.be/1byycwl8qgc

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

"Awful" is a big overstatement, IMO, but they'd certainly be less awkward if the creators were less oddly gun-shy about referencing the Avengers and their members by name.

I'm about halfway through the season so far but my complaints are the same as Daredevil. I wish there were more standalone episodes rather than a season long buildup (Like Kingpin in Daredevil), and the references to the MCU just seem so forced. Least favorite moment so far is the 1x5 (I think) wife and husband surprise "we hate superpower people", which I guess it's ironic that I didn't like being it's standalone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

I'm 2 episodes into season 2 of iZombie and Liv is always dressed totally inappropriately for her job so far this season.

I enjoy iZombie because it does have a bit of the Veronica Mars feel to it but after a friend sent me "Oh my god are you serious she's a zombie and her name is 'Live More'" I get angry any time I think about that.