Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SALT CURES HAM posted:

The Appeal Masochism. If you hate yourself this is the show to watch because it is unbelievably garbage. It somehow manages to be worse than the comic and the comic was already an embarrassment to the medium of sequential art.

I watched every single episode of Dexter but still couldn't make it past one season of the Walking Dead. That's how loving bad it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Coulson actually stumbled over that line this episode as if he'd realised mid sentence that he'd been saying it automatically every time anyone ever mentioned Tahiti. I think he's on the cusp of realising that he's been conditioned to act certain ways and avoid certain thoughts in relation to his miraculous recovery.

SHIELD has a sarcophagus.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Waterhaul posted:

Two Agents of SHIELD shows. Jesus wept.

I do trust the team behind Reaper slightly more though.

Reaper was a great show that died well before its time. Okay, mostly it was Ray Wise. But still a great show.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

Ton of Powers casting the last few days.

:words:

I've never seen a casting list that has been simultaneously so completely unexpected and so intriguing.

Sharlto Copley is one of the most interesting people on screen I've seen in years.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

mind the walrus posted:

She's an overgrown child with the worst kinds of ill-defined skills and talents being thrown onto a team of trained professionals. Her whole "conscience and humanity" schtick doesn't quite fly when she's working alongside people who are presumably trained to function at a higher level in more complex situations than any amount of "real folk common sense wisdom" is prepared to deal with.

It can be done well, if you have good writing and a good actor. Eureka is perfect example. Jack Carter was the everyman who spent 99% of most episode out of his depth but was never out of his league.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Yes! Always happy to see him get work.

Dollhouse survivor's club!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I don't watch Gotham, but at this point I'm guessing it's like the Star Ward prequels where it turns out everyone is connected to everyone else in all sorts of really stupid ways?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Well, poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Another thing which is incredible about Agents of Shield is that they added half a dozen new characters this seasons and they're all great.

I can't even think of another show which has managed to double their cast so quickly and have it work so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
They could pitch it as a super powered A-team.