Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Peter Dinklage for Kingpin. Seriously, just cast him and never address it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Wasn't this rumor started on April Fool's Day a year or two ago?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Does anyone know when we can expect Blu Rays for Jessica Jones S1, AoS S3, and Agent Carter S2?

If you're wondering why I want to buy physical media for shows I already have access to on Netflix it's because I am a completist and also probably gay or something

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Last I heard, Freeform was also developing a Cloak & Dagger series that's a romance or something. I think Marvel's running out of good characters to adapt into live action.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

If Nightshade is your favorite C-list Marvel villain, you're going to be happy, because there are now two different actresses playing her in projects coming out around the same time in what's ostensibly the same shared universe.

https://news.marvel.com/tv/68147/mustafa-shakir-gabrielle-dennis-join-netflix-original-series-marvels-luke-cage/

Also, Bushmaster.

Wait what. Where is the other Nightshade?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I will not be satisfied until I see Iron Man, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Lockjaw, Quake, Daredevil, Squirrel Girl and Cloak and Dagger all standing next to each other in a movie.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I'm still slogging my way through Iron Fist with three god damned episodes to go because I want to be caught up for Defenders, and because I hate myself.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Seeing as how Luke Cage was good, then took a nosedive in quality at the halfway point, and Iron Fist was poo poo through and through, they need to do a team up series with both of them and give it to a better showrunner.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

What are the odds that the Marvel Netflix shows get a proper Blu ray release now that Disney is pulling their content and starting their own streaming service?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Yeah it's definitely moving to a different service. This only happens because Disney paid a bunch of money to Netflix and I doubt they paid a bunch of money to memory hole it.

This sounds accurate to me, Disney paying Netflix is news to me though. I'd just assumed that Netflix didn't want to help promote Disney characters like how Marvel started buffing up the Inhumans when they didn't have the movie rights to mutants.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

It's the same reason that "I can do this all day" is well known enough by the public that it's sung in a Broadway musical about Captain America even though he only said it twice in the 40s (to that bully in the alley and to Red Skull in a secret HYDRA lair), once to Iron Man in front of an unconscious Winter Soldier, and once to himself during a time travel caper with no other witnesses.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Did they leave in the scenes in the first episode or two where Falcon slaughters like a dozen henchmen? Because his sanctimonious speech at the end of the season about how life is precious would probably hit differently if they took all of his murders out.

Like seriously, Marvel. I'll never get over how he doesn't want a terrorist who is in the middle of executing a plan that will kill hundreds if not thousands if she's successful, to be killed.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

ehhhhh the TFATWS finale had a bunch of issues but the fact that Sam doesn't wanna kill Karli isn't really one of them.

My problem isn't that he doesn't want to kill. My problem is that he slaughters maybe a dozen henchmen, some of whom completely unnecessarily (that helicopter he stuck a bomb to, for example) but its only when a bad guy has lines that he's all anti-killing. It's completely bizarre, and the fact that she was actively trying to kill as many people as possible doesn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

God's true Champions are the originals; Black Widow, Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider, Iceman, Hercules, and Angel in his ugliest costume