Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Joe Fisto posted:

The Boys spinoff Gen V just wrapped up. It was good. Just as good as The Boys. Didn't see any talk about it here.

I enjoyed it. Works really well as a complement to The Boys. When I first got wind of it I was worried it was going to adapt some of the Godolkin stuff from the comics with the fraternity and all... that.

Glad they kept in Tek Knight's particular affectations, though, the comic version was the right balance of hosed-up and funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Cutting out the part from the comics where they explain that if don't have V in your system you're gonna end up a bloody smear eventually, either on purpose or by accident, when you hang around super-people never sat right with me.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I did, and it was not really what I was expecting.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I like What If...? but man I'm burned out on multiverse shenanigans.

That said it's almost like they're doing Exiles and that was a solid series.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I'd love to see more Scott Glenn as Stick somehow. He was also great.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

It was definitely weird but I just assumed he was a Viking explorer who ended up down in Alabama.

Vikings established themselves temporarily in at least Newfoundland so it's not far-fetched.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I'm glad George Buza is back. He's the definitive Beast voice for me. Especially since he's a 6'4" weightlifter and an award-winning stamp collector and exhibitor.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Does it though?

I like him in Parks & Rec, but I find he doesn't fit in as well on The League.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Alaois posted:

the songs they play in CW shows are also real songs, they have a whole licensing deal to incentivize putting them in the shows and everything

This brings to mind a webcomic where they criticize the CW for exactly this, but I doubt I can find it again.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I think they might be like 40K Orkz and set up an empire just so people have an excuse to fight back because they really like fighting.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I hope it's still good.

Gotta love that comic book media is becoming the same kind of continuity clusterfuck as the comics they're based on.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm almost positive he saved himself during a fall by blasting at least once during Claremont's run at least once.

Uncanny X-Men #53

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

They even put Magneto in his good guy outfit

Seems kinda silly to put a power-cancelling collar on the mutant who cancels out mutant powers. But Leech also had telekinesis in the cartoon.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

StumblyWumbly posted:

Folks at the brewery are talking real loud about gambit being gay in x men 97.

He's a gayjun?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I see they made up for Rogues missing booty by making Gambit's casual look the hottest thing I've ever seen animated.

Have to say though hearing Storm(the greatest of X-Men) referred to as Omega level and then her wiping out a junkyard's worth of sentinels on her own put me on quite the high before breaking my loving heart (why her?)

That plot better go somewhere good....

I'm guessing you're not that familiar with the 80's comics.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Beast making the sentinel into a puppet made me :lol:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

:lmao: at the Invincible show version of "Mark meets fave comic creator and it's self-criticism"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Oh poo poo, season 2? Was 1 good?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I still don’t understand how a ruby quartz lens blocks kinetic blasts.

One theory is that it tricks his brain or eyes into thinking he's firing the beams so he really doesn't.

I want him to get full control of his powers and stop using it and then immediately get a faceful of pocket sand.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

They’re part Nimrod who was in the OG series.

And the other part is Master Mold.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Is a character racist if they're being written by a different writer?

Like they should either have her just be racist or kill her and bring in an alternate timeline Kitty who didn't use the N-word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

"haunted by the life of bayou crime into which he was born"