Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

It'd be neat if it was the big ice monster that got left in London during the big fight, but I don't think they could do it on a TV budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

At least Green Lantern ended well. Sucked that it got cancelled and I liked the show (kept watching to the end when I dropped Young Justice as soon as they announced the cancellation) but thankfully it didn't end on some big cliffhanger.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

TwoPair posted:

So I keep seeing people say good things about Agents of SHIELD. Has the show actually turned around enough that people would recommend it?

The fallout from The Winter Soldier has changed the show a fair bit and the last few episodes have been a massive step-up in quality (although the B-plot in the last episode wasn't great).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

zoux posted:

Is that Sky?

It's Ward. He's now a totally evil Hydra agent who keeps shooting people in the face. Literally in the face.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The MSJ posted:

My favourite part of the Agents of Shield season finale was Nick Fury helping Coulson by giving him a weapon straight out of a Rob Liefeld comic.

That was the gun that Coulson tried to shoot Loki with in Avengers before he got stabbed.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't see how a Netflix show and a movie 'compete'.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

...how the gently caress did I miss that this was coming on Friday? I still need to get around to finishing Jessica Jones.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't think they originally planned to do a second season of Daredevil so soon. I only heard that they were doing one season of each and then a Defenders mini-series. If that's true then they must have room to negotiate for more seasons before finishing their initial run.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Do we know if Defenders is supposed to be next year? Are going to end up with a third season of DD before the crossover?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I continue to not regret my decision to drop the CW shows, thanks for the update.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

They test Barry's speed at a Ferris airfield, but the line about a missing pilot was something that was apparently cut.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Amazon's The Tick is launching on August 25th.

I really enjoyed the pilot so I'm looking forward to this.

Suit has been redesigned since the pilot too.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Trailer for Black Lightning is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZpJeuXo2CY

I gave up on the CW stuff last year but I like the looks of this. I'll give it a try.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I still haven't finished Jessica Jones, Dare Devil s2 or Iron Fist. I should really get on with those before Defenders but I'm getting a 4k TV next week so I might as well hold off until then.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I'm about three episodes from finishing DareDevil S2, should I binge the rest of that before starting on Defenders?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Echoing that The Tick was great. Is the first season only 6 episodes long? I'm not familiar with how Amazon handles their original content, is that the whole season or is there a second half coming later on?

EDIT: Never mind, there is more coming later

Veotax fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 29, 2017

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh, neat. Netflix picked up Black Lightning in the UK, now I don't have to pirate it! I enjoyed the first episode, going to stick with it now, see where it goes.

What episode is it up to in the US? We just got episode 1 yesterday.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

pubic works project posted:

I don't think Netflix in the US gets it until the end of the season.

I just meant the show in general. I'm wondering how many episodes behind we are.

Netflix UK likes to compete with TV networks and pick up American shows before they hit TV over here an market them as Netflix Originals. Stuff like Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Star Trek: Discovery*, The Expanse and now Black Lighting aren't on any network over here as far as I know, they went to Netflix.

I think Amazon does the same thing, too.

*Ok, DISCO isn't on TV in the US either. But same thing really

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ok, that's not too bad. I was worried we were like a month behind or something.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The Tick is hella' good y'all.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think all the Phase 1 MCU movies other than Avengers got mediocre tie-in games. There have been no marvel movie games since then, but then movie games in general are dead on PC/Consoles, they've been relegated to phones for years.

Probably too expensive to make a poo poo tie-in game on modern hardware these days and turn a profit, much cheaper to do it on phones.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Have they said if it's going to be world-wide? Theoretically if they own all the content on the service they shouldn't have to worry about licencing, I might consider signing up for a little bit to watch some Batman TAS in HD.

EDIT: Never mind, just looked it up. It's US only. Guess I'll have to hope Amazon or Netflix to pick-up anything new they make.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 30, 2018

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I'm looking forward to Netflix finally releasing it in the UK, looks like for some reason they're going to drop the whole thing at once instead of weekly releases unlike just about every other American show they get exclusive rights to (like Star Trek Disco & Black Lightning).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Apparently Netflix UK is going to put up all of Titans like two weeks after the last episode is released in the US. A bit disappointing IMO, as far as I know most American shows they pick up are released at the same time or close to the US release weekly.

Glad to hear that it's better than the marketing made it look, have to remember to give it a go.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Samuringa posted:

Netflix reached really hard overseas and pretty much dominated most of the market. Amazon is Amazon and can do whatever the gently caress they want so they're there too.

And then there's stuff like, Crunchyroll that is pretty much the only one in that one specific niche.

Netflix's launch in the UK was loving incredible compared to the competition. They skipped doing discs and went straight to streaming and loving killed LoveFilm, the UK Netflix equivalent in terms of what they offered.

LoveFilm had a relatively small catalogue, no HD content and a pretty lovely app. Netflix came along with a bigger selection, HD from day one and a much better app experience. LF even removed the unsubscribe button from their website so you had to call up to cancel because Netflix was stealing so many of their customers.

Worth noting that LoveFilm was brought by Amazon before Netflix came over here and used as a reason for not launching Prime Video in the UK for a few years until it finally died. Why launch a much better service if you own a lovely one that does the job already?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Trailer for season two of The Tick finally dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuw-x0WyouY

April 5

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

Does Doom Patrol even have an overseas distributor(s)?

It does not. I guess Netflix might pick it up, but they have a frustrating habit of not putting up the stuff they license until it's done so they can put the whole thing up at once (they did this with Titans and apparently do this with the anime they license while just about every other anime site tries to put stuff up the day it airs in Japan).

Apart from Star Trek for some reason. Disco goes up the day after it releases in the US.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yeah, an unnamed Ghost Rider who is probably Johnny Blaze is part of his origin in AoS and shows up for literally one three second shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PAgiNgLYcU&t=119s

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think it is, but Sony would have to be insane to not renew the deal.

So they probably won't.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

At least you guys have it. There is still no announced UK broadcaster

Veotax
May 16, 2006

No guarantee that Netflix will even pick it up, Star Trek: Picard is going to be on Amazon over here while Netflix was heavily invested in Star Trek: Discovery. International rights can end up all over the place, even within the same franchise.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Boy, I hope Disney+ actually launches in the UK at some point because that is a lot of stuff to pirate and I just can't be bothered with that poo poo any more. Still trying to decide if I want to do it for The Mandalorian, since that sure as hell isn't going to be available here anytime soon.

Still can't watch Doom Patrol legally here.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Full screen version since only the twitter trailer was posted in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62EB4JniuTc

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think this was the period where I dropped the Arrow-verse entirely myself. I know that the shows apparently got better in the next seasons or something, but I couldn't be bothered to start watching again :effort:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Dragonball Z is a TV show

One that's based on a comic too.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Of course Zemo is a hero, could a villain dance like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nEzCv5u1O8

Veotax
May 16, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Yup, but her butt was hanging out a lot of the time. Carol got that a lot in her old costume too. It was funny because they actually in text talked about this stuff.

"Fashion advice from someone who used to fly around with her cheeks hanging out"

Is there any info on how you can watch MODOK outside of the US? Its only on Hulu which means it might as well be broadcasting on Pluto.

In Europe it seems that most or all of the Hulu stuff ends up on Disney+ under the Star brand, so it might be there in some territories but I don't think they've announced anything.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Klungar posted:

This week? Did more MODOK episodes drop or something?

Countries that get it on Disney+ get the show weekly instead of all at once.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think that season was the last one they produced under the current (at the time) owners before the series was brought so they just kind of said gently caress it and did whatever they wanted within reason. Like making the show set in something like the last city on a post apocalyptic Earth.

Power Rangers has changed hands a bunch of times. From Saban, to Disney, back to Saban again and is now with Hasbro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Not quite on topic for this thread, but since it came up: is there a date for Andor yet? They were shooting that a while ago, weren't they? I assume it's next year sometime.