Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

aroundtheback posted:

Its a bloody great time to be a Thor fan, Aaron seems to be setting up something cool with old Thor and I cant wait to see what it is.

Also I was wondering if anyone knows any hidden gems in Thor back issues? I've read most of the big Thor stories and was wondering about the less talked about stuff.

387-389 is a great three parter where Thor defends an alien planet from the Celestials. 160 he defends Ego against Galactus. 411-412 has probably the best Thor/Juggernaut throw down, despite the first appearance of the New Warriors getting in the way.

I like some good sci-if Thor. The latest issue of Infinity scratched that itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Zachack posted:

No. You'd be better off getting a subscription to Marvel Unlimited. A ton of Thor comics are up on the service. I'll assume some are missing but it's hard to tell which because the organization is terrible. Still, it's really comprehensive, particularly for earlier stuff. Here's a link to Ego the Living Planet's first appearance.

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/11460/thor_1966_132

Legit great story. If you like Thor in space, or just enjoy Jack Kirby's art, it's a must read. The ending is kind of rushed in one of those infamous times when Jack has to wrap his story up after bombarding us with the fantastic, pacing be damned.

Also check out the 160-169 for some more greatness involving what happens when a planet devourer meets a living planet, and a two issue smackdown between Thor and Him (Adam Warlock when he had muscles).

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

SirDan3k posted:

Were the Avengers frozen off screen or did I just miss it? Either way "Every established hero has fallen and only the new character can save them!" has always been a bad way to introduce anybody, it reads like bad fan-fiction and sours of swaths of people against the character.

Let me know when you find someone that actually bothers enough to drop the book.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It's been five issues! I'm loving this slow build.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

If I had to guess, I'd say that Fury told Thor that he is either afraid of a true death or losing the Earth, and that the mere mention of it made him afraid, thus making him unworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I love that this is very much a super hero story. It was pretty much a fantasy book during Aaron's first volume. Next issue looks like the perfect cap on this arc.

• Locked thread