Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Skwirl posted:

Loki is probably the most popular Marvel Movie character outside of Tony Stark (and the one with the largest appeal to potential new comics readers, especially women). Given the lackluster sales of the previous run of Journey into Mystery, it's not that surprising that they want Loki's name on the masthead.

Don't forget his mad dancing skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Schneider Heim posted:

I haven't read many Thor comics, but I liked Thor and the Warriors Four, which starred Beta Ray Bill, the Pet Avengers, and Power Pack. It was a fun all-ages story with nice, clean art by Gurihiru.

That was great, especially the adorable baby Beta Ray Bill, who I want Marvel to make a plushie of.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Get the Simonson Omnibus.

I'll second this if it has the introduction of Beta Ray Bill. He's a character who manages to out-metal the titular Viking god. That takes some doing— even moreso now— but he still manages.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Kull the Conqueror posted:

The :black101: never stops flowing in Thor: God of Thunder.

You're drat right. Jason Aaron writes metal-as-gently caress comics like nobody's business. In something like Spider-Man or Captain America, "All-Black the Necrosword" would be laugh-inducingly out of place. In Thor? It's right where it belongs.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Bazooka Tooth posted:

Because Marvel Thor is blonde. The end.

Truth. If they're bad at hair color, it's intentional by now because they've had it wrong for 50 years.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Nevvy Z posted:

It might be a She-Hulk style effect where it at least partially picks up on how you imagine yourself.

There might be something to that. Beta Ray Bill really only got Thor clothes when he first changed. He wasn't expecting it, so it was a big "The gently caress?!?" moment. He didn't have the opportunity to picture himself as a Thor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

It's also metal as gently caress, so there's that. :black101:

• Locked thread