Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wanderer posted:

The lady with the hammer has met Dario and is from Earth. It's Roz.

But was able to breathe on the moon in a dress somehow. That will probably be addressed.

SirDan3k posted:

Were the Avengers frozen off screen or did I just miss it? Either way "Every established hero has fallen and only the new character can save them!" has always been a bad way to introduce anybody, it reads like bad fan-fiction and sours of swaths of people against the character.

Haven't you been paying attention? Not a new character. That's Thor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nevvy Z posted:

It might be a She-Hulk style effect where it at least partially picks up on how you imagine yourself.

If it is Roz, her hair color changes too so that probably is part of it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not on the page, but yeah we do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's pretty funny how the kiss doesn't actually eliminate any suspects, since we already knew it wasn't his mom.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He keeps teasing the identity stuff in the letters page.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Loki still being on the list after the kiss is hilarious.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was some heavy handed hinting at Roz which makes me think it's less likely to be her now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thor going through the same logic as everyone else was pretty funny.

She had to be able to breathe on the moon, so she could only be a God. Wait no, Blue Area, so... but she still had to be able to reach the moon somehow...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess absolutely no twist at all and "yep, it's Roz" would actually qualify as a twist today.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

It really can't be anybody other than Roz just because nobody else really seems to care about the Roxxon stuff.

(I'd have no problem with it being Jane though)

Yeah. She's the only one who'd care and know Dario, she's the only female character with any significant role in Aaron's run, the internal dialogue doesn't fit someone who has already experienced superpowers (which actually includes Jane, since as the love interest in a comic book of course she has received powers several times) and I think she commented on how the hammer changed her hair color or something herself didn't she?

But unless Aaron thinks the readers are extremely stupid the pretty obvious hints in the issue really clash with them still selling it as a big mystery.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

I'm still putting money on it being in Thor's head and only people he subconsciously judges worthy can lift it.

Because Mjolnir gaining sentience is dumb.

Thor thinks the hammer is sentient, in any case.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They don't really do anything like that again, no.

You should read Thor: God of Thunder first though, because it's awesome and also because it directly leads into the current Thor. It's 25 issues, and they should all be on Marvel Unlimited by now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There really only was like 2 options.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know if red herring is even the right term. It feels a bit more out of left field than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roz fit what Aaron kept saying in interviews and stuff, Jane did not.

That's not a red herring, that's just being dishonest. And that's okay, I guess. It doesn't make me think anything less of the comic or anything, but it's a little cheaty.

• Locked thread