Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Well if we want the BEST landings...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfaxn1aStSc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Everyone should just land like Hancock all of the time

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

I'm shocked they haven't remade Greatest American Hero yet. Especially with the popularity of the Marvel stuff right now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DFu4ever posted:

I'm shocked they haven't remade Greatest American Hero yet. Especially with the popularity of the Marvel stuff right now.

In the Wikipedia article, it said Nathan Fillon wanted to remake it in 2009...that would be pretty drat awesome

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Only if they get Jason Alexander to do the theme

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't really know, realism?

I don't think that's really a concern with men who fly. Or it shouldn't be.

Although technically Thor should always be 3 point landing (or even 1 point landing) as his hammer is smashing into the ground every time he touches down, since he's really just flinging it and holding on as noted by this highly respected scientist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7eqcPCNyeU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I wish Thor would land by awkwardly letting go of the hammer mid-flight.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Used to be that he'd start spinning it in-flight and helicopter land.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I hope he made appropriate vroooooooom noises as he did.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Trailer hits the 24th.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That's pretty boring. They knocked it out of the park with Iron Man 3's pre-release posters.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I think that poster is awesome and I'm really excited for the film.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Gosh, there is no motion in that picture. I didn't know jumping out of an aeroplane could ever be so humdrum.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
He should be riding a motorcycle while having guns blazing out of there. Perhaps something like that Steranko panel for Fury or Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell or something.

But, eh, its a fine poster.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Cap starting to jump with his feet juuust off the floor would have been more effective. C'mon!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Waterhaul posted:

Trailer hits the 24th.

I didn't know they were making a sequel to Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ben Kingsley is saying that he's working on a "secret project" for Marvel.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't know they were making a sequel to Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

To me it almost looks like a scene out of D-Day, the gate to the troop carriers lowering. Just instead of ocean and chaos it's flying carriers and Washington.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Either that's a small cameo or he's doing a voice for something. I cannot imagine they'd bring that character back in any significant way, unless they'll reveal that he really was the true mastermind behind Extremis.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Gatts posted:

He should be riding a motorcycle while having guns blazing out of there. Perhaps something like that Steranko panel for Fury or Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell or something.

But, eh, its a fine poster.

He wouldn't be making an A shape then!

Would legit have no problem with him appearing as The Mandarin again.

Waterhaul fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 22, 2013

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Comfortador posted:

To me it almost looks like a scene out of D-Day, the gate to the troop carriers lowering. Just instead of ocean and chaos it's flying carriers and Washington.
I think that's intentional and that's why it's an amazing poster. The D-Day visual reference is obvious and intended, so the entire foreground is WW2 imagery. And then the sunlight hits and shows a SHIELD logo on the ramp, and instead of Norway outside it's modern Washington D.C., and Cap's in the air, with a Helicarrier and a jet fighter crowding the skies.

Superb job at hammering home "the World War 2 hero is completely and utterly out of his time".

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hakkesshu posted:

Either that's a small cameo or he's doing a voice for something. I cannot imagine they'd bring that character back in any significant way, unless they'll reveal that he really was the true mastermind behind Extremis.

It's probably a short for one of the next Blu Rays or something, like Agent Carter.

Although I guess they could use him in an episode of AoS or something

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Opopanax posted:

Although I guess they could use him in an episode of AoS or something

This would be the best thing, but I don't know how they could pull it off storyline wise.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

What is he doing on the SHIELD helicarrier? Kinda makes the quip in Avengers about nothing surprising him and the $5 bet meaningless if he has been on it before. Of course I am just being a huge nitpicker so whatever.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Old Man Pants posted:

What is he doing on the SHIELD helicarrier? Kinda makes the quip in Avengers about nothing surprising him and the $5 bet meaningless if he has been on it before. Of course I am just being a huge nitpicker so whatever.
Beeeeecause it takes place after Avengers?

Either your question is really stupid, or I've missed a key plot point.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 23, 2013

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Old Man Pants posted:

Why would you think that it takes place after Avengers?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Veotax posted:

Are you serious?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Goon posted:

Are you serious?

He clearly thinks the modern jet time traveled back to WWII.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

He clearly thinks the modern jet time traveled back to WWII.
I dunno, I think The Final Countdown makes sense as a sequel to The First Avenger.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Veotax posted:

Black Widow and SHIELD are in it, It deals with him adjusting to the modern world and Marvel has said the movie is a direct sequel to Avengers and is pretty much "Avengers 2.5".

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Also a prequel would be frankly insane and go against all the careful shared universe building they've done, and will continue to do, and seriously how are you not aware that every Marvel movie happens after the previous ones and builds towards the next Avengers movie yet?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Judging by the post they were quoting I think they meant "before".

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

They're gonna sabotage any attempt by DC to make a Wonder Woman movie by doing a a Wonder Man movie first.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did I miss a throwaway line in The Avengers as to how Thor can get to Earth again or is that something that might come up in Dark Realm?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Did I miss a throwaway line in The Avengers as to how Thor can get to Earth again or is that something that might come up in Dark Realm?

Odin used some dark energy to do it. Now that he has the tesseract he can just use it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

Odin used some dark energy to do it. Now that he has the tesseract he can just use it.

Plus is looks like the Bifrost is open again.

With luck that's just the first Cap 2 poster, and there will be bad rear end Widow and Winter Soldier posters to follow.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I could go for a neat Falcon poster, too.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

A wizard An Odin did it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
There was a dropped plot point that Thor only had a limited amount of time on earth, but all of that got scrapped and all that's left is Loki's "How much dark energy did the Allfather use to conjure you here?" line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

TetsuoTW posted:

A wizard An Odin did it.

The Wizard God did it.

• Locked thread