Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

smug n stuff posted:

Had a GenEd writing/presenting course last quarter. There were 4 main assignments--a short oral presentation, a longer essay, a "podcast," and a longer oral presentation. These were spread through the quarter. I never received feedback or grades on the final product of any of the four assignments--literally the only grade I got in that class was the final grade--no idea how it came to be, no idea what the weight of the assignments, nothing. For all I know the prof didn't even read my essay or listen to the bullshit "podcast".
Apparently the prof's been suffering from cataracts lately, making it harder for her to do stuff, but still. It's pretty frustrating to put work into stuff and see literally zero evidence that the prof's even looked at it.

One of my profs last semester was kind of like this. She (or the TAs) would grade weekly assignments, but we'd have no idea what we did right or wrong. Just a number out of 3. The assignments themselves were simple enough, a couple paragraph write up on whatever that weeks theme was. They were supposed to help us prepare for the final paper but when you get "2/3" back and no idea why, it was pretty useless.

She also didn't have any exams, just these assignments and an open-ended final paper. Not having to study for exams was nice and gave me time for my other classes, but the lack of any real feedback was insanely frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread