Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

At my school (in Canada) the campus has private security that have no weapons or restraints and will call the cops if they need to escalate things beyond asking someone to leave if they're trespassing or whatever.

It's kind of jarring to see "campus police" having weapons, handcuffs, pepper spray, and such like that one guy in the US who sprayed a line of Occupiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

My fluid mechanics textbook was the worst for that. It provided every equation and their derivations in a very mathematically-rigorous way (using volume and surface integrals and all that fun stuff) but it was way overboard. All the practice problems in the entire book as well as all the course content involved flows through channels and pipes, etc. where the integrals were over simple shapes and where the flow was perpendicular to the surface so everything simplified into very simple terms.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Conjunctivitis spreads like loving wildfire on college campuses.

Wash your hands, kids.

I almost never get sick because I wash my hands probably way too much and I keep away from people who are coughing and such.

It still drives me nuts that drat near no one seems to know how to wash their hands. Everyone who I see washing their hands next to me will put some of the foam soap on their dry hands, rinse it off immediately, and then "lather" water for a few seconds. Why even bother?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Farecoal posted:

Because they think that's how you wash your hands? How are you supposed to?

You lather the soap before you rinse it off. Soap doesn't do anything if you just rinse it off instantly without latering and spreading it around, and rubbing water on your skin doesn't really do anything to pathogens.

Edit: Normally I wouldn't care but I have to touch things that people who don't wash their hands properly/at all rub feces/mucous/flu viruses on :/

BattleMaster has a new favorite as of 04:35 on Mar 19, 2014

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

A rookie mistake; multiple choice veterans will know that the answer is always the question.

• Locked thread