Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Just found out today that my institution has been mistakenly thinking of me as a Sophomore because the credits I got from my previous institution don't seem to have transferred over yet. It's only been a year and a half, it seems like it should have been more than enough time for those credits to have been counted, but what do I know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

GreenCard78 posted:

Did you transfer between states or from private to public/vice versa?

Nope, nothing like that - both colleges are members of the SUNY system, which makes this miscommunication really strange.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

GreenCard78 posted:

The SUNY system doesn't have a standardized system of credits? That is surprising.

I'm hoping it's just some sort of administrative screwup!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Tweet Me Balls posted:

I haven't gone to college for a while, but I loving love it when state universities raise tuition because costs are so high, oh no you guys and then they build luxury dorms so that students can pay even more out the rear end to stay there the first year.

Yep, this happened on my campus. And it's getting even better - they've decided recently to spend $15,000,000 to put in a new college stadium. We don't even have a football team...

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

a travelling HEGEL posted:

Any time anyone tells you that they're going to "run [whatever it is] like a business," just turn around and walk away.

They don't really tell us things. Generally, they announce things and then get confused when the student body isn't happy to learn that another $20,000,000 dollars is being sunk into creating a new building for certain departments while other departments are being closed down entirely.

Ariza posted:

The big schools always, always have the shittiest loving people (lazy + assholes) working in their offices. It reminds me of the DMV.

I think I'd take the DMV over whatever passes for office work here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Gobblecoque posted:

My semester has been pretty much like this. Rather than anything being spread out at all, I get all sorts of poo poo thrown into exactly one week like a turbo-fuckyou-finals week. I had one of these weeks a couple weeks ago and next week is pretty much gonna be the same.

Yep. I actually had two major tests in the same class with less than a week spacing them apart. I mean, what can you do, right?

• Locked thread