Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

One of my classes is using a Google site instead of blackboard this semester which sounds fine until you realize all of the files on the site are locked away behind permissions set so you can only access them if you're logged in through your school email google account. I have three google accounts now: Internet, personal and school. Guess which one is the default (It's not school). I'm having a hell of a time opening up any of these documents because my accounts keep defaulting to the not-school ones and even when I switch to the school account first it still thinks I'm on my other ones and denies me permission or just puts me back on the default Google Drive page for my school account without the document I'm trying to access. I wish he were just using blackboard for these docs. At least I don't have to deal with account permissions and switching.

Oh and the link to the student questionnaire he linked is actually the Edit link for his form so there's no way to answer it since trying to do anything causes you to start editing his survey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Silly Newbie posted:

Open chrome in incognito, log in with school Google account? It'll step around weird account remembering funkiness.

Thankfully I was able to contact him, explain the situation, and he was able to alter settings (I think he turned off user authentication) and I can access it without a problem now. His questionnaire got fixed too. Now I just have to cope with the fact I'm sitting through a 200-level critical thinking & writing class that's gonna teach me one way to think and write while I also take a 200-level journalism writing class that will teach me the exact opposite methods so I can do journalism better. Bleh.

Oh well. At least I have some interesting 300-levels this semester. Asian Government and Politics seems like it'll be an interesting course with a cool professor, and History in Film: 1970s has a list of awesome movies we're going to watch over the semester. We get to watch Blazing Saddles at one point!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Glasgow Kiss posted:

Like, I think I'm having a nervous breakdown or something. It's been hard focusing the past semester and I feel this semester is getting worse right now.

gently caress.....should I tell my PI's? I always had anxiety and some depression poo poo but it's getting worse and worse now. I don't want to throw away my opportunities in performing research but I think this inability to focus is really loving me over.

gently caress.

I don't have experience with mental health on campus but it sounds like you should definitely talk to someone. Don't wait around. Address the issue as soon as you can. Your research opportunities mean nothing if your mental health is compromised.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Yeah! You can do it! :)

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Ms Boods posted:

Kill it (comic sans) with fire.

The VC at my university sends out monthly updates not only written large font Comic Sans, but purple-coloured large font Comic Sans.

I used to dislike Comic Sans but then I learned from a dyslexic person that the font is actually one of the most dyslexia-friendly fonts out there.Could explain why you see it all the time in education. I may not like the look of it as much as I do other fonts, but knowing that fact about it changed my opinion of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Man, gently caress Pearson. My intro to econ book last semester was terrible and seemed like it was written as though the reader already knew econ. Uhh, this is an intro course please introduce me to econ first.

• Locked thread