Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Our state of the art computer lab has Windows XP and whatever the default Explorer that you can't update because they turned all downloads off. All projectors don't use HDMI inputs and have been installed into the walls of every classroom. To upgrade the projectors would require taking a huge component physically out of the wall. The state of the art building has cracked concrete floors since they ran out of money for carpet. We have one elevator that consistently breaks down, apparently it was a second hand freight elevator not designed for rapid use.

The building really fits into our downtown community as the city also fails to look a few years into the future when planning things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The best solution is to just pretend you have the book and agree with everything the prof says, while complimenting how well it was written. Then suggest that you'd like to help him with future editions.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

In my final fourth year HR class we had to do 90 minute presentations (it was a 3 hour course) for the last half of the term. The first half of the term we watched movies like Office Space. I'm not sure if I should've dropped that class, but I actually did want to learn some skills in order to get a job.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

Is being forced to use the opposite bathroom really such a huge deal? I mean, I don't personally care but is that really such a big priority with the trans community? I've used the girls bathroom from time to time when some guy is hacking up a lung in the dudes and I just really need to poo poo.

VVVVVV: I wanna empty quote that so bad

It's likely not the act of using the bathroom that is the huge deal. I'm not trans so I am not 100% sure but it's likely an issue because certain people could identify others as "man" or "woman" when entering a bathroom when the trans person would want to be identified as something else.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

When I was taking some 4th year business courses we had one prof who instead of having a final exam, it was all loaded onto a very large group project where we would teach the class about part of the course subject.

Of course we weren't allowed to pick our own groups. Luckily when they say "You don't get to pick your work mates in real life" they also let us "fire" the unproductive group members. If you had someone who did nothing you could just let the prof know and fire them from the group. They would have to do the entire project themselves or get 0%.

The best group projects I ever had were the simulations of running a grocery store, and a simulation of running a computer retailer.

These simulations were literally like Sim City, complete with a top down perspective of a lovely cartoon city. You got to pick where you placed the store, where you put billboards, etc. With this simulation, every group in the class was placed in the same city, so we were all competing against each other. It was incredibly easy to win because everyone except our group decided to go into the luxury market because it had the highest profit ratio. What they didn't realize is 8 groups all competing for the smallest slice was a huge mistake. We were literally the only group who decided to make a low to moderately priced product.

Our group ended up with $8 Million after the first year which put us in first place. The second place group barely made it above $500K. We wrecked the profs grading scale since he used the first place team's value as the 100% and your grade is "Your Value/First Place Value".

The simulation also has a "Victory" scene which was our group buying a castle and flying a helicopter onto it.

We all paid thousands to take this class.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The people who talk about the "Real WorldTM" almost never have actually done anything on their own. They get told about the "Real WorldTM" by other idiots who have never dealt with the "Real WorldTM", and since they have no idea about the "Real WorldTM" they just think it's true.

My suggestion is to stop going to class, read the text if you bought it/downloaded it, and just do the test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I was lucky to have a prof in one of my classes who would let the group "fire" a person so they would end up having to do the project by themselves.

She still wouldn't let us choose our own groups. Although I can see this as a positive since it's better to meet new people to expand your network.

• Locked thread