Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heliotroph
Mar 20, 2009
I moved across the country for graduate school. As agreed in a contract I signed with the school, I would get paid 2300$/month. So I saved up and moved inSeptember, assuming I would get paid in October when school began. Except they forgot to tell me that I wouldn't be paid until November. Ok that's not great, I borrowed money against that paycheck and scraped through that month, then borrowed a smaller amount against the subsequent paycheck to pull me through at 1500$/month. Now I've paid back both loans but the school also has stopped paying me a full 700$ That I'm owed. So for Thanksgiving I was short, and it took several weeks to resolve and get paid, during which time I got to bounce my rent check. Surely this cannot happen again, I thought. But now the new paycheck is a full 700$ short again, and oh, the only person that can fix it is on vacation for three weeks. She is in charge of 10,000 graduate students accounts. I'm glad I gave up making money to go back to below poverty levels and not be able to pay rent again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heliotroph
Mar 20, 2009
The satanic rituals and tea reading ceremonies that university staff must use to determine fees dates. I'm an out of state student. This quarter I applied for in state residency, which was due on the first. However they decided to preemptively charge me the 5k in out of state fees and hold my monthly stipend against it, and just didn't pay me for a week and a half without notice.

When I went to complain about the late fees I had gotten for not being able to pay bills due on the first (my paid-by date), they just told me *shrug* it seems like there isn't a problem with the computer program. Whatever, it isn't like I live paycheck to paycheck as a graduate student, and don't need that money for bills and rent...and food.

• Locked thread