Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
I'm probably going to sound obnoxiously old fashioned here but when did raising hands stop? We did it in class until the end of high school. Then I started college and now everyone just starts talking over each other without being called on.

I have a professor this year who will give us instructions on an assignment, and then check everyone's progress a half hour in and tell us that we are all doing it incorrectly. they will then "repeat" only vaguely related instructions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
That reminded me of this person who was in an algebra course I had a couple years ago. They would always shout out jokes about whatever the professor was trying to tell us. She was super loud and would always turn to the rest of the class and do that shoulder shrug like "am I right?". The professor would just do their best to ignore her and continue teaching, she would do it about five times a class on average. She would always end up complaining about how hard the class was and about how she kept failing the tests. I ended up tutoring her in english last year and shes is not good at that subject either. I have no idea why.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
If it was in private how would they get any attention?

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
It is really awesome to be a tutor and have a student bring me their half finished 10 page final essay an hour before it's due. It's like they expect me to wave some magic wand that makes an extra five pages and a proper works cited page to appear.

• Locked thread