Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I thought cafeteria people watching was just a local phenomenon. Halloween was pretty much the happiest time for these people since they could wear their really interesting suits and have a free pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

A White Guy posted:

My school is having a scandal over Indian poo poo. We're a school with formerly good Native-American student support programs that then got booted off to no-funding land. When the Director of those programs flatly told the BIA that no, they should not give our program money because the school is trying to rid themselves of those programs as quick as possible, the school did the only thing that it knows how to do - fire a popular tenured professor :cripes:.

The response has been pure schadenfreude: protests, sit-ins, hilarious 'negotiations' where the president shows up to basically patronize the Indian students.

Only one more year! :smithicide:

Humboldt State? Crazy shot in the dark but we had the exact same thing happen here.

I guess i'll throw some content in here:

The beginning of the school year we had incredible internet in our dorms. It was easily the fastest internet I've had. Then we had the Great Outage of Fall Semester and since then the internet has been so so crappy and intermittent. The dorms are otherwise modern and nice, but internet and phone reception is staggeringly bad for a college.

buglord has a new favorite as of 20:27 on Feb 12, 2015

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Textbooks are such an unbelievably scummy, awful thing all around. Granted this is part of why I think my ceramics professor will always be one of my favorites. He didn't even put book requests into the book store and the first day of class just says "OK, you'll need X book. You can find hardback editions on Amazon for $5 and the information never really changed. Get any edition like whenever. You won't really need it for a month and you just need to read it, put stuff in your notes, and know [list of things] for the final."
I've been lucky enough that all my professors at state college do this. If anything I experienced rigid e-code books for $200 when I was at community college. Same with snobby professors. All my professors so far like first-name basis when you address them, but at community it was like you were addressing the president.

• Locked thread