Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?
Back when I was in college, my newswriting professor was late more often and later than any of the other students. One day, he decided to crack down on lateness and locked the door to the class. The people most often late were the ones who -- like me -- had to take the bus, which meant dealing with overcrowded and frequently late buses.

Mr. Furlong, you're a bad teacher and a hypocrite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?
In 2007-2008 when my class started video editing, our editing "suite" was an un-insulated back room with exposed pipes, the same computers my highschool used in the late 90s, and we were still using reel-to-reel editing with VHS tapes. Dials and knobs and everything. The only thing digital was the instructor's wristwatch.

Great job preparing me for entering the journalism industry, guys.

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?
The college I went to shared some facilities with a university, including a cafeteria and library. The difference in the quality of the buildings was pretty stark. The college had bare floors, the same hard plastic chairs and tables I remember from highschool, those ugly yellows, oranges, and browns that were popular in the 70s and 80s, and never any carpet anywhere ever. The university had carpets, chairs with cushions, lovely lecture halls with swiveling chairs, and lights that didn't buzz like angry bees.

I knew I had made the wrong choice from the start, but it wasn't until the financial crisis and recession hit that I realized just how badly I hosed up in choosing journalism. :smith:

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?

Double Plus Good posted:

I had a girl routinely eat big macs next to me during lecture. Sloppy-rear end mayonnaise-smelling big macs. Also, once she picked her nose and ate the contents for the entire class period. It was an ~honors course~ so we had ~unconventional seating arrangements~ where we shared tables with people arranged in a circle. Somehow I got stuck with this girl and I had to endure it every day for the whole semester. :barf:

What the gently caress kind of life does a person lead where that kind of behavior is acceptable? Did nobody in her life ever say "That's gross, stop it"? Did her parents ever tell her not to? God drat, some peoples' kids.

• Locked thread