Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
Is it to much to ask for some sand or salt on the sidewalks on my university? It's Wisconsin so it's not like you weren't expecting this weather this time of year.

Also would be nice if my adviser had a few more office hours then the 2/week he has or that he'd respond to emails/voice messages, since I can't register for next semester till I speak to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
My Campus uses Direct2Learn, it's better then the blackboard mess of the technical college I transferred from

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
waitlists are the stupidest thing.

I've been on the waitlist for this required class since the end of november I was #1 on the waitlist. I've gone to all the class meetings so far this semester ( only 2 but still ) just got an email saying I'm being dropped from the class cause some idiot who probably just signed up for it called the registar and whined until they got bumped up to the top so when a spot did open up he got it.

gently caress that guy seriously

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Shuffle posted:

waitlists are the stupidest thing.

I've been on the waitlist for this required class since the end of november I was #1 on the waitlist. I've gone to all the class meetings so far this semester ( only 2 but still ) just got an email saying I'm being dropped from the class cause some idiot who probably just signed up for it called the registar and whined until they got bumped up to the top so when a spot did open up he got it.

gently caress that guy seriously

Well I guess it worked out in the end. A spot opened in another section the professor has and I snagged it fast. 8 in the drat morning but at least I don't have to wait another drat semester.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
I had a sociology class like that every class was a 1-2 hour guest speaker then the rest o the 4 hour class was student presentations each 20 minutes minimum

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Austrian mook posted:

I had that in an acting class, but that's pretty standard. That sounds horrible.

oh it was , I was the first presenter, and there were no tests at all in this class so after week 1 all my work was done and i just surfed the internet for the next 15 weeks still got the A.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Hummingbirds posted:

A girl in one of my classes ate an orange in class the other day while she surfed Facebook on her MacBook with the two fingers that didn't have orange juice on them.

please tell me she at least threw the peel in the garbage and didn't just chuck it on the floor, like I saw someone do the otherday in my art history lecture, they did it during the slides and since it was dark they thought no one would notice.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Justin Godscock posted:

Speaking of parking complaints, those of you that don't live in winter cities haven't understood the pain of the company contracted to plow the parking lot just piling all the snow in one corner of the lot taking up at LEAST 10 spots. Then you drive around aimlessly getting more and more pissed off at the pile staring at you with every loop.

This right here gently caress this, They also do a lovely job of clearing what snow they do and they let a good 6 inches of ice to build up they don't put any grit down either so good luck getting up those steep entrances without almost running someone over cause you need a good running start.

This week the campus had to declare a emergency snow removal making every lot off limits no matter what parking permit you had for most of the day queue me getting up at 4 am to get a street parking spot. It was a good bit of schadenfreude to see the cars that have never been moved from the "good" spots getting ticketed and towed at the owners expense

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Austrian mook posted:

It was? They do a really loving bad job all things considered, I could go on about them further. I don't really care who's job it is to clean the loving filthy bathrooms that I have to shower in, I just loving want them cleaned.

then get a mop and a bucket

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Does your school not require current vaccines? I remember having to submit health paperwork before living in the dorms freshman year to prevent meningitis outbreaks.

all they ask is for dates of the inoculation on my campus, they don't ask for any sort of proof. you can even just write in unknown

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

A White Guy posted:

What are you supposed to do when someone leaves their wet clothes in the washer? Can you just put it on top of the washer like normal clothes?

I was thinking about this since I went into the laundry room today and discovered that all 6 washers were available. So just out of pure spite and actual need (I haven't washed my sheets in a while), I used every single washer.

usually there's a 5 minute grace period then your free to remove them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
it would be really nice if the on campus convenience store was open during spring break for those of us who stay on campus. I'm not even asking for full time service an hour a day would be fine do it during the same reduced hours of the building's front desk.

• Locked thread