Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Avshalom posted:

P.S. - How do you guys feel about group work? I love group assignments, I totally feel like they're useful and constructive opportunities to learn about teamwork in a professional envirohahahaha gently caress it gently caress them gently caress everything :unsmigghh:

I was on an animation course, where I met some of the biggest work shy cunts I've ever had the misfortune of meeting. Need 12 frames of black and white inked and coloured in a week? You'd get the roughs in two, which would be janky as hell. They moved to the middle of nowhere and then complained about the parking charges (£1 for maybe an hour lecture for the whole week). Everything the course did was wrong including trying to force them away from anime and do some drat life drawing.

I had to work as a director for the first time in my three years there, relying on second years (who don't give a poo poo) and these third years (who are just plain poo poo). The whole thing was just a huge mess and I so wish there was something other than "firing" them that could have been done, or altenatively that ANY group work had happened before the final year of the course.

Similarly, a friend of mine was railroaded into using a particular software for animating rather than using stop-motion, mainly for speed, industry potential etc, which is fair enough. Except none of the lecturers had any idea how to use it and had to get a guy to come in to teach her specifically. Turns out there was only one technical animator on staff. Eventually she used another software with the exact same results and they didn't have a clue, instead of the buggy poo poo they recommended.

So this isn't all about how super-fun animation is, why is there always someone with a guitar in places you're trying to concentrate? Just lounging about during finals week strumming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread