Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Two TAs each gave mini-lectures in my Abnormal Psych class and sounded like they never took a Public Speaking class ever. They were reading straight from the powerpoints which went over all the poo poo I read in the textbook the night before, so I was just starting and not taking notes. Also they just went silent for five minutes every time they got through a slide to let people write the points down. Christ...

Kids wearing fedoras to the cafeteria are the dorkiest people.

Also, I'm starting to hate going to a liberal arts school. Some kids and professors are way more philosophical than I'd like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Better than that, go to textbook comparison sites like, slugbooks

Type in what school/course and it'll give you Amazon's, Chegg's, Abebook's, Ebay's, etc. prices on one page.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Wanna take 2D Animation because that's what I think I want to do when I get out of college, but it's only been offered twice between Fall 2008 and now. My advisor said there's nobody who knows anything besides Flash and After Effects and animation is going towards HTML 5. God knows if it'll ever be offered before graduation.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

I'm getting spam emails through my Desire2Learn account from some IQ Personality Test website. What the gently caress

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

I am taking a course called Digital Writing this semester and my teacher uploaded all the assignments to D2L already. This is one of them:

Does it make me a fuckin nerd if I'm mad that she calling them "memes" instead of "image macros?"

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I would have thought that you would be more frustrated at your assignment already being ten and a half months overdue.

yeah that's one of the things that are incorrect on that assignment

Gobblecoque posted:

I would have thought that you would be more frustrated at creating a meme for a class. Also I don't think I've heard anyone use the phrase "image macro" in years.

Writing an essay explaining it is gonna be worse. How the gently caress do you write an essay on a joke that supposed to be so self-explanatory that you wouldn't possible need more than 8 words to explain it. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THEM!

e; Also, I just found out I have to write a 3-page project proposal to register for my senior project course. I've been trying to get in this class for a month now calling the registrar, the advising office, and another office. I know it's not the adviser's responsibility to track down the student, but I was in his office 3 months ago talking about my upcoming semester and he didn't even mention this.

teen phone cutie has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Aug 11, 2015

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Has anyone roomed with a exchange student? I've just been paired with a Freshmen from Taipei, Taiwan (as a senior) because my friend and roommate changed schools mid-summer.

I don't want to sound rude, but gently caress dude. This could either go really great or turn into a horror story.

(yes I am an idiot for still paying for on-campus housing as a senior).

teen phone cutie has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Aug 19, 2015

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Recommended Books =/= Required Books. Don't put on the syllabus that we absolutely need to buy a book about public speaking when the class is about Digital Writing

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Living with a foreign exchange student from Taiwan:

I can't convince him to flush toilet paper down the toilet. Instead, he keeps throwing his used TP in the trash next to the toilet.

He keeps turning the air to 90 degrees and boiling water to make the apartment hotter.

Conversing with him isn't working and neither is passive aggressively turning the air down. What the gently caress do I do?

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

I'm going to try putting a note next to the toilet. Will report back.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Grump posted:

Living with a foreign exchange student from Taiwan:

I can't convince him to flush toilet paper down the toilet. Instead, he keeps throwing his used TP in the trash next to the toilet.

He keeps turning the air to 90 degrees and boiling water to make the apartment hotter.

Conversing with him isn't working and neither is passive aggressively turning the air down. What the gently caress do I do?

Here's my solution: I'm moving into a new apartment on Friday.

I've never met someone so stubborn and stuck to their ways in my life. If I was visiting a foreign country, you'd bet your rear end I'd do as they do (for the things that matter.) I don't care how xenophobic I sound. gently caress this kid

E: I've caught him wearing a surgical mask around campus. We're in the mountains of PA. The air is the farthest thing from being polluted. Jesus

teen phone cutie has a new favorite as of 17:13 on Sep 23, 2015

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Forceholy posted:

Does he have a contagious illness? That's one reason for wearing surgical masks.

No

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

I'm in my senior project course with a few kids in my major (Media and Information Tech) and kids in Computer Science. Obviously, CS kids know the back end better and I'm really good with the front-end.

So when we pitched our initial idea to the rest of the class, I presented my idea for a dictionary app (which is just gonna be a knock-off urban dictionary). All the students are given a sheet to fill out in which we rate the presenter in categories like the presentation, background knowledge, project difficulty, how well questions are fielded, etc. on a scale of 1 to 5. I got my results back and all the kids in the class gave me 1s and 2s. One kid even gave me zero for one of the categories.

I was freaking out, so I showed the results to my project advisor, and he said, "yeah. I wouldn't be worried. CS kids are dicks, and don't understand that design is really important."

So, now I'm looking forward to the rest of this semester

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Oh holy poo poo there's this guy sitting on a bench in front of the library wearing a trilby, puppy on the bench next to him, reading Catcher in the Rye and expressively stroking his chin.

There's also this guy sitting outside the library looking at guy wearing a trilby and aggressively posting on something awful.com to make fun of that man.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

My freshmen year (of high school) English teacher pulled that "nobody can be perfect" bullshit.

It got me real nervous about my grades for the rest of my high school career, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Over break, the maintenance staff put a door reinforcer over my bedroom doorknob, except they didn't measure it right and the door barely fits in the frame. I have to put my whole body weight into the door to close it.

What's the point of those things anyway?

• Locked thread