Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh, I am so glad this thread exists. I need to vent about this.

So I decided that I'd reapply to college after a year out due to personal reasons, thinking some change in my life might do me good. I applied for a class in 3D modelling and multimedia illustration, in about April. No problem, unconditional place on the course, yada yada see you in September. September comes around and I enrol only to be told that the course itself has changed; I'll now only spend one half of the time doing the course I signed up to do, and I have to choose a second course to fill in the other half of the time. My only options are Photography, Fine Art or Graphic Design. None of these have any relevance to anything I want to do in the future, none of them are anything I would voluntarily take, but here I am being told to choose one or I have no course to go on. It was far too late to reapply elsewhere, and I didn't want the soul-crushing boredom and depression of another year doing nothing. So I've essentially been tricked into doing a course I have no interest in doing whatsoever.

But there's more.

Course hours were listed, and we got Wednesday mornings off. Great! I can sleep in. Except, no I can't, because three weeks in we get it sprung on us that we also have to take a mandatory Wednesday morning "Functional Skills" class that teaches THE most basic English and Maths skills. Like, sub-GCSE level things. The diagnostic test had you spell the word "bread"... with all the consonants filled in already. I have an A level in English and Maths, so I ask if I can just not do the Functional Skills thing... Nope. Even though I have qualifications far in excess of the material, it's still mandatory.

So I'm stuck in two classes I absolutely loathe that I was told nothing about before the first day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread