Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gitro
May 29, 2013
One week into the semester and I have no motivation to do anything. 2600 words worth of assignments in two weeks! Two lovely certificate things I need to have done by the end of this or next week! Some ungraded group presentation we're going to have to do weekly! gently caress them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Is it too much to ask that people engage with the tutorial at least a tiny little bit? Like yeah the tutor's not great and the subject is really dry and kind of dull, but we're all stuck here for the next hour anyway so maybe try to learn a thing. Maybe?

"So what are we doing?" the thing she's been explaining for the past five minutes have you paid even a second of attention

Gitro
May 29, 2013
In a (theoretically) short student presentation discussing quality of life in a nursing course:

'Life can refer to all organisms, but here means specifically humans.'

Wow, thanks, really cleared that up for us.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Out of seven ethical dilemma scenarios only two of them are actual dilemmas. One is just an ethical consideration, one isn't a dilemma, one is solvable, one is a situation the individual has no control over and I don't really understand what the dilemma is supposed to be in the last one.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
This week's ethics class was about how abortion is murder (with a very thinly veiled 'because we're created in God's image') and moral objectivism is correct. I'm not sure why this was necessary in a general healthcare ethics class in the first place. I guess the physios and ambos will know what to do next time they're asked to perform an abortion.

Its still pissing me off. Teaching ethics should never be about telling people what is right and wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gitro
May 29, 2013
There was no study guide for the exam I just finished and I guessed wrong on a lot of the stuff we needed to prep for.

Go by what we did in tuts? Bad move, dummy, that poo poo ain't on here.

• Locked thread