Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
I wish my macroeconomics professor gave us the study sheet she promised us instead of showing videos about Keynes and Hayek in a rap battle :(

I also wish my comp teacher spoke English well and didn't go off on tangents about Taoist philosophy and belief at least once per class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
My school does not know how to handle registration at all. Last time they said it opened at 7 a.m. - 5:15! This time, 6:15!

And not to mention every goddamn seat in every goddamn class is reserved (I'm mostly taking entry level courses because I'm undeclared and choosing between two majors) because we're taking way more students in next semester than we can even house, to the point where people are protesting on campus about the lack of housing.

I had to stay up all night to even have a shot at getting any of the classes I wanted and I got none because I was two minutes off :argh:

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
My university somehow hosed up its internet so that we can't connect to anything powered by Google while we're on campus. Including our student emails. I'm not an IT guy but how does that even happen :psyduck:
And no indication of when it'll be fixed. Considering the change machines next to the laundry rooms have been broken since the start of the year, I don't have much confidence.

And its really frigging difficult to hook my computer up to an ethernet port because of the way the rooms are laid out.

Grey Elephants has a new favorite as of 00:14 on Sep 18, 2014

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Registration opened at 6:45. I tried to register at 6:47 and every section of every class that I needed to take is full :suicide:

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

Sato posted:

Your school holds morning classes on the day of registration? That's awful. Both my undergrad and grad institutions have registration on days when no classes are scheduled.

It took me an hour and a half to register for my classes on Friday. It's my final semester so all my classes were non-negotiable and I had to get into all of them in order to graduate on time. I made it but it wasn't fun worrying early in the morning for ages while I waited.

Holy gently caress I wish my school did this :( We have classes as normal. Gotta give my school props though, this time around they actually announced when registration would open in advance.

• Locked thread