Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
I haven't taken a class in 10 years. Please tell me what happened in the intervening time period that makes it OK for people to wear a fedora in a classroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Alright, but what about bringing an entire Arby's meal to class and eating it like that's in any way what a normal human being does in society?

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

Couches in the library are too comfortable.

They also have chlamydia.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
For what it's worth, I filed a legit complaint based on the fact that hearing people talk while chewing drives me into a psychotic state. Just throwing that out there.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Glasgow Kiss posted:

Oh man, on the topic of hand raising, it reminded me of something that always pisses me off. You know that guy who always has something to prove? You know, where has to constantly raise his hand and input his knowledge on the subject? And it's not just answering a question and adding a two second anecdote. It's up to the point where the professor is there waiting for him to shut the gently caress up so he can continue teaching.

It's not them wanting to run their mouth off, it's them wanting to peacock.

I'm paying for the professor to teach me, dickhole. Not you, Mr. Wikipedia.

I have this guy in one of my classes. I am not even creative enough to make up the fact that he was wearing a fedora and a pocketwatch the other day. I don't think I even need to mention the fact that he's about 19 years old. He has clearly been told his entire life that he's smart, but I haven't heard a single original thought out of him. It's a really rough type of character to have in an intro to philosophy class.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
I can really do nothing but feel sympathy for people like that. They clearly have some sort of compulsion. I just wish they could have it in private.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
It seems weird that someone actually took the time to write out that policy without stopping to realize that it's loving retarded.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
Yes it's a racket and students can't do anything (legally) about it.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
I swear to God one of these days there are going to be consequences for doing things like this

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Although I've graduated the current weather reminds me of something dumb my university used to do.

They had Ice Polishers.

They were golf cart-sized little cars that Campus Operations drove around that had big spinning brushes on them (exactly like a street sweeper would have). They would drive over all the sidewalks on campus in the winter which had the effect of a) removing all the snow so you had nothing for traction and b) polishing the ice beneath the snow into a crystal clear sheen so that you couldn't see it and it had maximum 'slipperyness' (tm). They did not follow this up with salt or ice melt or anything.

I don't think I ever saw even one person walk on the sidewalks during winter because they were a giant icy deathtrap. You ended up with footpaths carved through the snow just 2 feet away from the sidewalk, every year.

Please tell me where this is so I can slip, sue, and retire.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Yeup, because technically other than one attack on campus property by the door the area around the campus isn't school property. You can ask security to walk you to the edge of school property and then you're on your own the second you step off into the woods/street. One attack was at the intersection where you turn off of to get to the school.

I think it took them an hour or so to report the one attack to the police, and that was only because he came back less than half an hour later to attack a different woman a second time.

Please tell us where you go so that I can tell everybody I know to never go there.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Pudgygiant posted:

I'm glad this thread is here, I have a quick one from yesterday. I knew this English class was going to be awful, she assigned us 6 2-page essays for the first week's homework, in addition to 4 chapters in the book. One of the chapters is about marking corrections on a paper, and has a "try this" essay in the book to practice on. I got points marked off for not writing corrections in my textbook for that essay. I have the goddamn Kindle version. gently caress this class.

What the gently caress. Do you have to color in the pictures too?

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Malkamar posted:

Last week my professor spent the first fifteen minutes of class telling us about how the US Government planned and orchestrated 9/11. Today he bitterly suggested that whoever e-mailed the department chair with a complaint should drop his class and expressed his disbelief with said student's inability to "handle an opinion."

It must be really hard to sit through the class thinking "is this retard completely loving wrong about this?" to every single thing he says

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

paragon1 posted:

loving lazy piece of poo poo contractors spend a year and a half and receive millions of dollars to renovate the goddamn dorms around here and this poo poo still happens.

Edit: That's per dorm, not to do all of the dorms, just to be clear.

Well what do you expect, they had to finish quickly to get to Sochi on time

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
I know for a fact my community college math classes are more rigorous than the local fairly prominent University. Chemistry is way easier, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
There's like, an infinite number of ways to combine students to make a terrible group and the only times they get it right is by accident.

• Locked thread