Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I was in a 'flipped' class that the professor boasted about how awesome it was and how students love it (no one loved it). He is in love with himself and any opportunity he has to post pictures of himself on a slide he will. And video. Rather than a live demonstration, he will use a pre-recorded video of himself with the college mascot in it as well.

A 'flipped' loving class is bullshit. I didn't pay to teach myself at home off your lovely drawing on an iPad and talking slowly 'lecture'. Going to class was a joke. He used a program that asked you questions then you had to turn to classmates to discuss when everyone got the answer wrong. He did not teach one drat thing. He relied on you having smarter people around you to teach you.

One student put in a comment that he totally didn't understand it at all, and if he could explain it. His response was exactly, word for word:

"Well, try this one out. It's much harder. Give it a shot over the next 5 minutes, and if you guys still don't get it I'll walk you through it"

He was constantly harassing everyone to vote for him to have a booth at SXSW so he could show the world his awesome method of teaching.

Also he has a large fan-girl base that tweets him during class of 'cute' quotes that he says. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread