Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.

JediTalentAgent posted:

It was a very protracted and screwed up situation that gradually got worse and worse. You wouldn't be the only one that never heard of it. I'd spoken to other schools over the years that never heard of it either.

I'm posting this from the school's site but taking their name out.

So, any time spent at a community college, even, counts on this. If I left, 3 years later took a class at community college, then reapply, they count it as a full semester against them. They specifically pointed this out to me.

From reading your original post, my guess is that the plans for graduation regarding date of initial matriculation would change if you took too long. Schools sometimes change their core requirements but I've never heard of it happening like yours where you get screwed over, only people taking 7-10 years and that's at one institution, not split across two.

I would have thought you'd just have to meet the "new" requirements, not have to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

Dammerung posted:

Just found out today that my institution has been mistakenly thinking of me as a Sophomore because the credits I got from my previous institution don't seem to have transferred over yet. It's only been a year and a half, it seems like it should have been more than enough time for those credits to have been counted, but what do I know?

Did you transfer between states or from private to public/vice versa?

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

Dammerung posted:

Nope, nothing like that - both colleges are members of the SUNY system, which makes this miscommunication really strange.

The SUNY system doesn't have a standardized system of credits? That is surprising.

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

Tweet Me Balls posted:

I haven't gone to college for a while, but I loving love it when state universities raise tuition because costs are so high, oh no you guys and then they build luxury dorms so that students can pay even more out the rear end to stay there the first year.

There was a thread once talking about why education is so expensive and all I remember was "rock climbing walls, undergraduates love them some rock climbing walls." It's the best way to put it.

• Locked thread