Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Lizard Wizard posted:

For content: most programming classes at my college use an e-homework site. This invariably requires students to buy new textbooks so as to have a license for the website. Recently, my Java professor sent out an email stating that the bulk of the e-homework was optional. Sure am glad I had to drop money on that new textbook.

My very first semester I ended up having to take a remedial math class with a textbook/CD combo that was basically unsellable at the end of the semester because the CD had a key that made it one-time use only. Also dumb was the fact that the whole class basically consisted of showing up to the classroom and using the software on the CD to teach ourselves math on our school-issued laptops. Of course if we could do that, we probably wouldn't have needed a remedial class.

This college also forced me to buy an expensive campus meal plan even after I explained that I never used the campus food services (because the few times I did I got incredibly sick).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread