Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

That's every school though. My program has 4 classes you have to take to learn how to use the computers/software and people can't be arsed to go beyond that. We have people graduating who don't even know how to set up the cintiq/tablet software in order to use the computers.

How is that even possible in this day and age of technology?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Regarding cleaning staff on weekends, how hard is it to contract out to a local company to come in and clean for some extra cash? Hell, the original company could just hire someone to work part-time on weekends or even better, just rotate shifts so someone works wednesday-sunday and then back again. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

The Chairman posted:

It's kind of like updog

Can't wait for this lame thing to die out.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

Jake Snake posted:

Sat next to a guy who chewed tobacco during class. Didn't realize it until I noticed the Mountain Dew bottle he kept putting to his lips was full of brown spit. :barf:

I chew but have only done it once in class and I gutted it like a disgusting slob. It's a pretty nasty habit that I rarely do in public and would never be openly doing in class.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

Ok this isn't a complaint at all just a question. Are galoshes in style or something? I've seen three different women on campus wearing bright rain galoshes, two were on days where it was 70+ and sunny and one wore them on a cloudy day that didn't rain at all. I'm in the upper midwest if that means anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

My financial aid for this semester was messed up due to me filing my FAFSA wrong since I had just gotten married this year, so I have a hold and an audit on it. In addition to this my VA benefits didn't get resolved yet because even though I filed them a few weeks ago, their backlog since switching over to an all electronic system is delaying their processing. Instead of just being able to tell the university that I'm good for it, signed VA, I had to put a 30% down payment on my classes for the semester to not get dropped from all my classes tomorrow. This involved a $30 per payment installment fee as well as a 2.75% processing fee on credit cards. I'm glad I had the card to fall back on at least, the "emergency loan" the VA rep was telling people they could take out has another $30 fee and the total doesn't even come close to covering the down payment on tuition.

Do you not receive 100% benefits? Chapter 33 or post 9/11? I've used the post 9/11 at two schools and have ran into issues with the VA not paying on time and at both schools I was told not to worry about anything since the school would eventually get their money. I was even allowed to charge all of my books to my tuition when I didn't get my book stipend on time either. Going to school on the GI Bill, Yellow Ribbon even, has been an absolute stress free breeze.

• Locked thread