Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I bought a Surface Pro 3 with blue keyboard today oh god what I have I done?

My only tablets so far are a 2012 Nexus 7 (given to fiancee, she uses it at work because big tablets scare old people and she does hospice care) and a 2012 Galaxy Note 10.1 (also given to fiancee to use at home). I've had netbooks, gaming laptops, and desktops since the beginning of time, but the concept of a full windows machine in what now is 1/7th the weight of my MSI supar gamingz laptop from 2011-2012 is blowing my mind. I got the 128gb core i5 one, as I could find it for around $775 with keyboard.

Are those "tempered glass" screen protectors any good? My usual MO with screen protectors, whether invisishield or similar, is to buy 3 of them, and I end up ruining 2 learning how to get the 3rd one applied perfectly with no bubbles or dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Michael Scott posted:

You got it used or refurb, right?

Used. Seems absolutely perfect, except that it smelled a little like cigarette smoke (blegh). Also got one of those tempered glass screen protectors with it, and it is amazing. I'm never going back to plastic screen protectors if I can help it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Every 9-volt I've opened has been AAAA. There are ones that aren't?

I use them for my surface pro pen and a lovely Bluetooth headset.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That makes total sense. Never thought about it that way.

Speaking of pens, the pen for my Surface Pro 3 (i5) hasn't ever worked when I press the button. I mean, it draws fine, and I can turn it around to erase in OneNote, and I've reinstalled the metro version of OneNote and messed with settings in the Surface pen hub app. I can sync the pen with the button (it lights up), and pressing the button while having the bluetooth settings open causes the little "sync" bar to start progressing. I have removed the pen from devices and re-synced it, and installed windows updates, but no matter what I do the button can't be used to launch anything. Is there anything I can use to customize it? I'd like it to function, and when it functions I'd like to switch it to open Chrome or something.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I think you should be able to choose. Like, one version of Windows 10 you buy, and whatever you install it on it defaults with the 8-inch rule, but you should be able to change it.

Either way, the biggest thing is that the control panels (metro/desktop) should be COMPLETE and MIRROR each other. There's no reason I, on my Surface Pro 3, should have to open up the metro control panel to add bluetooth devices, but have to open up the normal one to add a printer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

Speaking of pens, the pen for my Surface Pro 3 (i5) hasn't ever worked when I press the button. I mean, it draws fine, and I can turn it around to erase in OneNote, and I've reinstalled the metro version of OneNote and messed with settings in the Surface pen hub app. I can sync the pen with the button (it lights up), and pressing the button while having the bluetooth settings open causes the little "sync" bar to start progressing. I have removed the pen from devices and re-synced it, and installed windows updates, but no matter what I do the button can't be used to launch anything. Is there anything I can use to customize it? I'd like it to function, and when it functions I'd like to switch it to open Chrome or something.

• Locked thread