Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beuges
Jul 4, 2005
fluffy bunny butterfly broomstick
Speaking of which, I had asked this a while back but didn't see a reply. Is there any way to pin the Metro IE to the taskbar? Everything I've tried ends up opening desktop IE from the taskbar and Metro IE from the start menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beuges
Jul 4, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

Just in case it was missed!

I have a Sony Vaio Duo tablet/laptop convertible, and the screen randomly loses its touch functionality as well. What I've found gets it working again is a reboot followed by a shut down, start up... then the touch screen works again. I have no idea what causes it but since it's sorted by the reboot/shutdown cycle, it seems to be a driver thing rather than hardware, at least in my case.

beuges
Jul 4, 2005
Yup, in my case it doesn't seem to matter how long it's been off, or whether it was shut down/went to sleep/hibernated before starting it up again... it seems completely random, although there could be something that I'm missing that could be triggering it. And in my case, it has to be a reboot followed by a shutdown, the reverse doesn't work, nor does 2 reboots, or anything else. Annoying, but I've learned to live with it.

• Locked thread